What Is Functional Safety?
Functional safety is a critical element for any system deployed within a vehicle, robot, factory, and beyond. It’s the system’s ability to detect, diagnose, and safely mitigate the occurrence of any fault, preventing harm to people and the environment. Arm’s Safety Ready Portfolio and functional safety partnerships offer customers the solutions they need for their functional safety-related applications.
Learn how functional safety is applied to automotive systems in this white paper.
To ensure the best outcomes for our technology and customers, Arm plays an active role in the development of international safety guidelines; for example, ISO 26262 and ISO/PAS 21448.
Arm products are designed “out of context” to satisfy the widest range of applications. We believe that everyone in the integrated circuit (IC) supply chain has an important role to play in safety certification, and applications must be certified in accordance with market-specific standards. Arm is capable of supporting customers and manufacturers in their certification processes of Arm-based devices.
Arm’s Safety Ready Portfolio
Arm’s Safety Ready portfolio is a collection of Arm products that have been through various and rigorous levels of functional safety systematic flows and development. It combines IP, safety features, tools, and robust methodologies to help reduce risk while fast-tracking the certification phase of projects.
See the list of Arm Safety Ready products.
To help our partners enable functional safety, Arm offers a wide range of IP, tools, and support.
Find the right partners specializing in
software and tools, design services, and training for functional safety.
Functional safety and safety certification are key concerns for everyone in the integrated circuit (IC) supply chain. If you have any questions about functional safety for Arm-based devices, talk to an Arm expert.
- Accelerating Innovation for Safety Systems with Arm Flexible Access
- Software building blocks for faster functional safety certification
- Cortex-A76AE: A new age of high-performance processing with advanced safety
- Evolving safety systems: Comparing lockstep, redundant execution and split lock technologies
- The importance of building functional safety into your own design right from the start
- Functional safety: Enabling safer systems with Arm technology
- Introducing Arm's Functional Safety Partnership Program