Licensing Arm Technology: Access for Everyone
Arm creates the technology building blocks, software, and tools to develop silicon chips and specialized computing platforms that power billions of devices, applications, and services across diverse global markets. We believe this technology isn’t relevant just for a few companies, but for everyone. Every company and organization—of any shape or size and serving any industry—is a welcome participant in the Arm ecosystem.
Start Building Fast
Arm provides multiple ways to get started with fast and efficient entry points to our technology portfolio for anyone building silicon—from startups to large enterprises, students and researchers to OEMs, and semiconductor companies. Arm licensing options offer packages of IP cores, support, tools, and models at a range of fees to meet the diverse needs of both existing and new customers. We want our customers to benefit from Arm’s proven, highly performant and efficient technology, innovate without risk, and get to market faster than ever.
Arm Flexible Access
- Access to a wide portfolio of proven, trusted technology and tools.
- Simple membership terms enabling access, design rights, and support with per-project manufacturing fees only due before tape out.
- Pay as you go model designed for startups, small and medium enterprises.
Arm Total Access
- Arm’s most comprehensive range of the latest technology and tools.
- Flexibility with choice of technology package and consumption levels.
- Scalable subscription including evaluation, design and manufacturing rights and support.
- Packages for large enterprises focused on different industry segment requirements.
Differences Between Licensing Models
Membership provides access to the technology and services included in the package. License fees are due at tape out and calculated only on the IP included in the final SoC design.
Subscription to a package of technology with manufacture rights, tools, support and training.