Securing Opportunity Wherever Computing Happens
Arm believes that 100% of the world's shared data will soon be processed on Arm, either at the endpoint, in the data networks, or the cloud. Our partners create opportunity from this disruption and rely on our security architectures, tools, and trusted ecosystem to usher in transformative, secure experiences wherever computing happens.
There are several ways we support a secure ecosystem, including by leading PSA Certified with like-minded partners. We also develop secure foundations and resources of our own to help protect against the many vulnerabilities detailed below.
Click on the map to see how Arm protects your innovation:
Ongoing Security Initiatives
To address new threats and deliver new consumer experiences while meeting legislative compliance, Arm continues to raise the bar on security with new innovations like Total Compute Solutions, and Armv9 the foundation for secure, specialized processing.
Scalable consumer devices depend upon trusted data that stays on the device. That’s why Arm offers Total Compute solutions with pre-integration for hardware, firmware, and software for trustworthy apps that help secure transactions and hinder hackers.
Threats and Counter Measures
Arm has developed a range of security to mitigate against increasingly sophisticated security threats. These architectures address vulnerabilities in devices across all market areas, from IoT connected devices to large screen mobile computing devices to cloud servers.
By incorporating security into the foundational layers of the architecture, devices are better protected against security threats.
A Considered Approach to Security
Arm takes a multilayered approach to security that bolsters defenses and promotes opportunity for our partners. It includes the following five tactics to help achieve an overarching security strategy that protects data wherever computing happens.
Click on the diagram to navigate Arm's approach:
With adoption across low-power and high-performance IoT, PSA Certified has transformed the IoT industry and is beginning to democratize security in other markets.
PSA Certified is simplifying security while making complex security functions accessible. Using standard components, PSA Certified silicon and PSA Functional APIs, security functions in the hardware Root of Trust (the PSA-RoT) can be leveraged to create a space for all trusted functions.
PSA Certified is now recognized by governments, insurance vendors, industry bodies and IoT leaders (AVS) as a direct response to the growing threat, cost, and resource requirements faced by organizations as new threats emerge
Commissioned by Arm on behalf of PSA Certified, the PSA Certified Security report offers an annual review of progress on connected security and what is needed to protect devices from adversaries. The 2023 report covers:
- The role of collaboration-based frameworks in democratizing security best practices.
- Increasing security investment costs driven by customer demand for enhanced security.
- The ongoing challenge posed by a shortage of skilled professionals in the industry.
- Widespread recognition of the significance of connected device security amidst impending regulations.
Committed to Securing Innovation
Arm’s long-term commitment to security offers the peace of mind that allows our ecosystem partners to focus on innovation and can be best mapped across three approaches:
Looking to accelerate the development of secure SoCs?
Designed on the principles of PSA Certified, Corstone reference packages provide a complete solution for architecting a system with security at the heart, while balancing trade-offs between performance and power. The pre-verified subsystem and system IP included in Corstone packages significantly accelerates the development of secure SoCs, saving you time and allowing you to focus your resources on differentiation.
Arm Tech Talks
This series of talks brings you best practices and the latest trends and technologies from across the Arm ecosystem. Covering
the latest cutting-edge research, real-world use cases, code examples, workshops, demos, and more for building secure applications.
Talk with an Expert
As long as there is value in controlling a device or accessing its data, there will be a constant battle against potential attackers. Talk with an Arm expert to learn more about security technologies that can be designed into devices.
- Pushing the boundaries of performance and security to unleash the power of 64-bit computing
- A Total Compute approach to delivering digital immersion under a common architecture
- Why silicon security may be crucial for your next IoT device
- How to Provide Confidence and Assurance at Scale
- Delivering security 'defense in depth' through Total Compute
- Arm receives first high assurance Common Criteria security certification for soft processor IP
- Memory Tagging Extension: Enhancing memory safety through architecture
- The Security Arms Race on Devices
- Automotive security partner blog: Fast, secure file systems for autonomous vehicles from Tuxera
- New FIPS 140-2 certification provides time savings for Arm security partners
- Why you need a tailored secure foundation at the heart of your next IoT product
- 10 security goals for connected devices