Leading the Way in High Performance Computing
High-performance computing lies at the heart of industry, academic and government research and development. HPC’s growing scope and scale demands powerful and energy-efficient technology and innovation. Arm provides a unique combination of design flexibility, powerful yet power-efficient IP and architecture, and a robust software ecosystem, all poised to fuel the next wave of innovation. Our partners’ designs and systems are being adopted across major HPC sites and industry in the cloud and on-premises.
Innovations Ignited by Neoverse
Industry leaders share their thoughts and experiences on the advantages of Arm-based technology.
Arm Neoverse Wins Four 2022 HPCwire Readers' and Editors' Choice Awards
Designed for Leadership HPC and AI/ML Performance
Neoverse V2 significantly raises the bar for HPC and AI/ML performance, delivering up to twice the performance of Neoverse V1. With Armv9 features like memory tagging extension (MTE) and performance defined power (PDP), Neoverse V2 is the most secure and performance-efficient V-series core yet. When paired with the new CMN-700 core mesh network, Neoverse V2 CPUs can be configured with up to 256 cores and 512MB of system level cache (SLC). AMBA CHI C2C enables die-to-die and off-chip connectivity using UCIe, CXL, PCIe, or custom PHYs for connecting memory, and accelerators.
HPC Use Cases Around the World
Government and Academia
Government and academic institutions are pushing the limits of supercomputing in a quest for scientific discovery and R&D.
- Into the Alps: What Exactly Is the New Swiss Supercomputer Infrastructure?
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Announces Details of Supercomputer Collaboration with Nvidia
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center: An Arm Research Centre of Excellence
- University of Bristol to Deploy 55,000-Core Arm System
- Toyko Tech, Tohoku University, RIKEN and Fujitsu Collaborate to Use Fugaku Arm Architecture System for Distributed Large Language Model Training
Climate and Weather
Arm’s technology helps climate and weather scientists predict the future.
Arm-based HPC powers accelerated CFD and crash simulations, enabling more detailed and accurate experimentation.
Electronic Design Automation
From design to simulation and verification to functional safety, Arm-based HPC provides the performance and efficiency needed in the EDA process.
Simulation models can be finetuned and iterated upon quickly thanks to reliable software stacks and ecosystems, including compilers, toolchains and math libraries optimized for Arm Neoverse.
Arm-based HPC helps researchers develop therapies to improve the heath of humans, animals and agriculture.
A Proven Range of Powerful HPC Capabilities
Learn more about Arm’s portfolio of HPC products and solutions and foundational technologies.
Efficiency Breakthroughs in HPC to Drive “Production Science,” Global Research
HPC needed economic disruption; computer scientists in the UK obliged.
How Supercomputer Performance, Power Efficiency Can Coexist
Building the world’s fastest supercomputer doesn’t mean breaking the power budget, as engineers at Fujitsu and RIKEN proved.
- Nvidia Grace Hopper Superchips Designed for Accelerated Generative AI Enter Full Production
- Amazon EC2 HPC7g Instances Powered by AWS Graviton3E Processors Optimized for High Performance Computing Workloads
- SiPearl Raises €90M for Rhea European Supercomputer Chip
- Nvidia Announces Four Supercomputers, with Two in Taiwan