Enhancing AI Performance for IoT Endpoint Devices
The new Arm Cortex-M55 processor brings endpoint artificial intelligence (AI) to billions. It’s Arm’s most AI-capable Cortex-M processor and the first to feature Arm Helium vector processing technology for enhanced, energy-efficient digital signal processing (DSP) and machine learning (ML) performance. The Cortex-M55 offers an easy way to implement AI for IoT with the ease-of-use of Cortex-M, a single toolchain, optimized software libraries, and an industry-leading embedded ecosystem.
Features and Benefits
Delivers up to 15x ML performance improvement and up to 5x signal processing performance uplift compared to existing Cortex-M processors.
The Corstone-300 reference package offers the fastest, most secure way to incorporate the Cortex-M55 into a system-on-chip (SoC).
Single developer toolchain supported by a broad ecosystem of software, tools, libraries, and resources.
Unlock the Benefits of AI with this Best-in-Class Solution
The combination of world-class hardware IP, easy-to-use tools, open-source software, and a leading ecosystem means the Cortex-M55 processor is transforming the future of small embedded and IoT devices. The Cortex-M55 processor is part of a wider solution that includes the following key components to enable the next generation of AI devices:
What Arm Partners Are Saying
Watch this video with Michal Gabrielczyk, Head of Edge AI at Cambridge Consultants to hear how Cortex-M55 is enabling endpoint AI for their customers, sparking innovation of voice detection and computer vision applications.
Talk with an Expert
What will you design? Get in touch to discuss how you can use the Cortex-M55 processor in your next project to transform the next generation of IoT devices.
A Foundation of Silicon Success
Explore the architecture and technologies that support the Cortex-M55 processor.
Available in Arm Flexible Access
For unlimited design access to this product and other useful Arm IP, visit Arm Flexible Access. Start your project off the right way with the world’s leading SoC design portfolio.
- Introducing Arm Roadmap Guarantee and IoT initiatives for accelerating Endpoint AI
- New AI technology from Arm delivers unprecedented on-device intelligence for IoT
- Introduction to the Cortex-M55 Processor
- Blending DSP and ML Features into a Low-power General-purpose Processor
- Getting started with Armv8.1-M based processors: software development hints and tips
- Test drive the Arm Cortex-M55 processor using the MPS3 FPGA platform
- Cambridge Consultants: How We're Pushing the Endpoint AI Envelope
- Endpoint AI – The Road to a Trillion Intelligent Endpoints
- AI technology from Arm for IoT
- Extending the Performance of Arm’s ML portfolio for Endpoint Devices
- Get Started with Early Software Development on the Arm Cortex-M55 Processor