Enhancing the Capabilities of the Smallest Devices
Arm Helium technology is the M-Profile Vector Extension (MVE) for the Arm Cortex-M processor series. Helium is an extension of the Armv8.1-M architecture and delivers a significant performance uplift for machine learning (ML) and digital signal processing (DSP) applications.
The Cortex-M55 and Cortex-M85 processors are the first to support Helium, which enables small, low-power embedded systems to manage the compute challenges in many applications, such as audio devices, sensor hubs, keyword spotting and voice command control, power electronics, communications, and still image processing.
Features and Benefits
Many OEMs, software providers, and tools partners within the Arm ecosystem are supporting the development of Helium and are ready to build the next wave of compute.
Helium provides up to five times the performance improvement for common signal processing tasks, and up to 15 times performance uplift for machine learning.
Helium works together with TrustZone to make an excellent base for implementing Platform Security Architecture (PSA) compliant systems.
Developers can benefit from a simple programmer’s model and one toolchain to reduce development efforts and costs.
Bringing Intelligence to Constrained Endpoint Devices
Unlock new use cases with greater levels of intelligence. This webinar demonstrates how you can achieve DSP and ML compute performance on constrained endpoint devices with Helium vector processing technology. Catch up now.
Talk with an Expert
Interested in speaking with someone about Helium or joining the established Helium ecosystem? Talk to an Arm expert today.
A Foundation of Silicon Success
- Next-generation Armv8.1-M architecture: Delivering enhanced machine learning and signal processing for the smallest embedded devices
- Getting started with Armv8.1-M based processors: software development hints and tips
- Test drive an Armv8.1-M based processor using the MPS3 FPGA platform
- Making Helium Part 1: Why not just add Neon?
- Making Helium Part 2: Sudoku, registers and rabbits
- Making Helium Part 3: Going around in circles
- Making Helium Part 4: Bringing Amdahl's law to heel
- Getting started with Arm Helium: The new vector extension for the M-Profile architecture