Why ARM in Graphics?
ARM is the world’s leading semiconductor IP supplier and is at the heart of the development of electronic products. With significant advancements in technology, increased demand and expectation for exceptional graphical displays ARM recognized the need for an independent graphics processor solution.
The ARM Mali family of Graphics Processing Units (GPU’s) scales to deliver industry-leading graphics including; entry smartphones, cutting edge superphones, tablets and Smart TV’s. A complement to the ARM Cortex™ Processor, Mali GPU's maintain the core ARM principles - high performance, industry leading power efficiency and reduced system cost.
Mali Quick Facts
- Number 1 GPU found in graphics enabled SmartTVs
- Number 1 in Android tablets
- In over 20% of Android smartphones
- Over 100M Mali GPUs shipped in 2012
- Found in over 200 end devices