Quality Mobile Gaming Experiences
For decades, Arm has been a leading contributor to the mobile gaming industry. As the gaming industry experiences a shift toward being ‘mobile-first,’ mobile games now earn far more revenue than PC and console-based games. This phenomenal growth is driving more premium PC and console gaming titles to mobile with users expecting a similar experience with a consistently high frame rate and no lag.
Arm technology plays a key role in transforming console and PC gaming into an exceptional mobile experience. We provide the technology, tools and software for mobile devices to run high-quality AAA games dependent on powerful graphics, compute (both single thread, sustained, and low power), machine learning (ML), and connectivity.
Mobile Gaming Architecture of Choice
Arm’s high-performance, energy-efficient CPUs and GPUs enable sustained console-like gaming experiences ‘on-the-go’ and prepare partners for the next wave of innovation, including immersive AR and VR gaming and 5G opportunities.
Since 2009, Arm has increased the smartphone’s CPU performance by 100x and GPU performance by 300x providing gamers with the highest-quality, most immersive mobile gaming experiences possible. Our ongoing energy and power efficiency improvements enable longer battery life on devices, and Arm provides tools and resources to help developers optimize games on Arm-based devices, as a growing number of premium gaming titles move from PC and console to mobile.
Arm collaborates with a broad range of partners to deliver premium gaming experiences on Arm-based devices.
- Graphic development tools – develop and analyze OpenGL ES, OpenCL and Vulkan graphics and compute software.
- Tools – explore content profiling and optimization for developers with limited performance analysis expertise, on commercial handsets.
- Optimization techniques – make applications more efficient.
- Developer Education – discover resources (guides, sample code, training) that help leverage the power of Arm’s Cortex CPUs and Mali GPUs.
Optimizing for mobile game design can seem a daunting challenge. Learn more about how Arm supports mobile gaming and how we can help you bring your business model to life.
The Cortex-A processor series is designed for complex compute tasks, such as hosting a rich operating system platform and supporting multiple software applications.
Provides the ultimate user experience for entertainment and visual applications across a wide range of smartphone devices.
Arm Mobile Studio
Dedicated tool suite for game and app developers that helps optimize games and apps for Arm 64-bit and multicore. The tool suite uncovers bottlenecks across CPU and GPU for efficient tuning and maximizes performance for standalone applications or Unity and Unreal game engines.
Total Compute is Arm’s transformative strategy for designing computing solutions that will drive next-gen user experiences in AI and machine learning.
New Arm IP Delivers True Digital Immersion for the 5G Era
Our next-generation mobile solution will result in unimagined new user experiences that will push the limits of performance and efficiency on our computing devices like never before.
The New Reality for Mobile Gaming: The AR/VR Opportunity
Read about the AR and VR technology landscapes, the future potential for each on mobile, and how they are helping to drive the growth of mobile devices and gaming.
Arm mobile partners deliver exceptional experiences to millions of users across industries and on multiple devices. Discover the benefits of becoming an Arm mobile partner and join industry leaders innovating for the future.
- Android Game Analysis with Arm Mobile Studio
- Artists' best practices for mobile game development
- Lighting tips for game development
- Enhancing Mobile Performance with the Burst Compiler
- Game Developer Adoption and Attitudes Towards ASTC Texture Compression
Arm Blueprint Articles
- Unity Drives XR Development to New Heights
- 5G: Cloud Gaming's Great Enabler
- The Line Between Mobile and Console Immersive Experiences Is Blurring
- New report highlights ‘boundless potential’ of AR mobile gaming
- Arm Cortex-A78C CPU: Secure and scalable performance for next-generation on-the-go devices
- What is Digital Immersion?
- Insights from the Ecosystem: The Importance of Tools, Metrics and Optimisations
- Making Console-Like Gaming on Mobile a Reality
- Making Gaming Faster with Updateable Mali GPU Drivers and Android GPU Inspector
- Partnering with Tencent Games on the Next-Gen Mobile Renderer
- Sustained Performance for Greater Digital Immersion
- Delivering True Immersive Entertainment on Mobile