Mobile gaming is the largest gaming segment by revenue and users, now surpassing the PC and console markets. The latest mobile hardware supports high-fidelity games on the go, but often porting console/PC quality games to mobile can be challenging. Users expect a consistently high frame rate with no lag, making mobile game performance a key design criteria. As a result, smartphone manufacturers face a delicate balance between performance, visual fidelity, and battery life.
For over 25 years, Arm has been a leading contributor to the mobile gaming industry, developing the technology for mobile devices to run high-quality AAA games dependent on powerful graphics, compute (both single-thread, sustained, and low power), machine learning, and connectivity.
Mobile Gaming Architecture of Choice
Arm’s high-performance, energy-efficient CPUs and GPUs for premium and mainstream mobile devices help developers deliver mobile games within the right power envelope.
To ensure gamers have the most immersive mobile gaming experiences, Arm provides tools and resources that help developers optimize games on Arm-based devices. Since 2009, Arm has increased the smartphone’s CPU performance by 100x and GPU performance by 300x, opening up new opportunities for technologies such as augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR).
Today, Arm technology continues to be one of the key components in transforming the console and PC gaming into a mobile experience.
Arm Solution Addresses Mobile Gaming Opportunity with eSports
Learn about the rise of mobile gaming and eSports and how innovations in mobile hardware are likely to continue driving this significant growth in the future.
The New Reality for Mobile Gaming: The AR/VR Opportunity
Read about the AR and VR technology landscapes, what the future potential is for each on mobile, and how they are helping to drive the growth of mobile devices and gaming.
Arm collaborates with a broad range of partners to deliver premium gaming experiences on Arm-based devices.
- Graphic development tools – develop and analyze OpenGL ES, OpenCL and Vulkan graphics and compute software.
- Tools – explore content profiling and optimization for developers with limited performance analysis expertise, on commercial handsets.
- Optimization techniques – make applications more efficient.
- Developer Education – discover resources (guides, sample code, training) that help leverage the power of the Arm’s Cortex CPUs and Mali GPUs
Optimizing for mobile game design can seem a daunting challenge. Learn more about how Arm supports mobile gaming and can help you bring your business model to life.
The Cortex-A processor series is designed for complex compute tasks on PC laptops, such as hosting a rich operating system platform and supporting multiple software applications and embedded designs. Cortex-A CPUs power intelligent solutions, from edge to cloud, for next-generation experiences.
Mali Technologies have been developed to allow ever-increasing graphics complexity within the thermal limits of mobile devices. The technologies provide significant system-wide bandwidth savings across all formats to ensure that users can experience the latest in graphics quality on any device.
Arm Mobile Studio
Dedicated tool suite for game and app developers that helps optimize your games and apps for Arm 64-bit and multicore. Find bottlenecks easily across CPU and GPU for efficient tuning and in turn maximize performance for standalone applications or Unity and Unreal game engines.
Arm and its global partner ecosystem is one of the largest, most prolific and creative communities of product innovators. We’re providing power-efficient intelligence as the foundation for transformative applications and business ideas. See how Arm makes smart possible.
Introducing a New IP Suite for Premium Mobile Experiences
The Arm-powered smartphone is the world’s primary compute device, used by more than 3 billion consumers every day. Smartphones are the handheld portal to innovation and major influencers in the laptop evolution.
A Total Compute Approach to Delivering Digital Immersion
Total Compute represents a new approach to IP design focusing on use-case driven optimized system solutions.
Enterprise Data CDP
- Arm Treasure Data enterprise CDP can unify and analyze all your mobile gaming data so you can optimize in-gram performance and personalize the player experience across platforms, devices, and applications.
- A Total Compute approach to delivering digital immersion under a common architecture
- Introducing a New IP Suite for Premium Mobile Experiences
- Getting fully immersed into VR gaming through the Oculus Quest
- Incubating Gaming Partnerships, One Question at a Time
- New Arm Cortex-A77 CPU continues path towards compute performance leadership
- New Valhall architecture for Arm Mali-G77 GPU brings big step-change in premium mobile
- New report highlights ‘boundless potential’ of AR mobile gaming
- The History of Mobile Gaming - A comprehensive guide through the last 30 years and how Arm is shaping the future