Arm SystemReady LS
Arm SystemReady LS is a band of system certification in the Arm SystemReady program.
SystemReady LS provides a framework for LinuxBoot, an alternative firmware stack using the Linux kernel as the normal world firmware component. SystemReady LS enables Arm-based servers that offer highly customizable firmware, while still providing a “Just Works” software experience.
SystemReady LS is tailored to meet the needs of many hyperscalers on systems based on server Arm SoCs. It ensures standard firmware interfaces to deploy and maintain. It targets the hyperscaler’s Linux environment.
SystemReady LS-compliant systems must conform to the:
- Arm Base System Architecture (BSA) specification
- Server Base System Architecture (SBSA) supplement specification
- LBBR recipe of the Arm Base Boot Requirements (BBR) specification
The SystemReady LS certification and testing requirements are specified in the Arm SystemReady Requirements Specification (SRS).
"Arm has provided the Arm SystemReady LS certification program as a standard for the industry to establish customer confidence in emerging Arm SoC platforms. We at Ampere Computing were extremely proud last year when the Ampere Mt. Jade platform was the first Ampere server certified as SystemReady. We are continuing this momentum forward by being the first to achieve the System Ready LS v0.9 certification,"
- Mauri Whalen, Senior Vice President Software Engineering at Ampere Computing
"Google started the LinuxBoot project in 2017, and has been a strong supporter of this project being open, including making the code available as open source to bring these ideas to practice. I am happy to see Arm and Ampere's efforts in achieving SystemReady LS certification with the Mt. Jade system, and look forward to continued broad industry support for LinuxBoot."
- Ron Minnich, Software Engineer at Google
Other SystemReady Bands
- Arm SystemReady LS Specifications
- Blog: Arm announces Ampere Mt Jade as first certification for the SystemReady LS band
- Blog: Arm SystemReady certifications reach 50 including the Morello System Development Platform
- Blog: Major milestones for Arm SystemReady in driving ecosystem standards
- SystemReady LS ACS testing
- Arm LinuxBoot resources