- What products can be covered by Technical Support?
- How long can I take Technical Support for a product?
- How do I renew my Technical Support?
- How do I get the best out of support cases?
- Are there any limits on Support?
- Do I need maintenance?
- How do I get on-site support?
- Can I ask questions in my local language?
- What is the difference between Enhanced Support and Design Reviews?
- What information should I provide to raise a support case?
- What to expect when raising a support case?
- What to expect on the support case management system?
Q: What products can be covered by Technical Support?
Q: How long can I take Technical Support for a product?
Q: How do I renew my Technical Support?
A: If you have not received a renewal email, send us a message.
Q: How do I get the best out of support cases?
- Make your question as clear and comprehensive as possible.
- State the Arm product name(s) and revision(s).
- Include any environment details and attachments.
- Be responsive to requests for further information.
Q: Are there any limits on Support?
A: With valid entitlement, there are no limits on the number of questions, who asks the question, or the topic (as long as it is reasonably related to the product). There is a 16-hour limit on the effort Arm spends on an individual case before requiring a management review of the case.
Q: Do I need maintenance?
Q: How do I get on-site support?
A: We provide on-site support through Enhanced Support. Each Enhanced Support agreement includes an entitlement to a certain number of days of on-site support presence. If the on-site allowance is used up, we continue resolving issues through off-site cases, conference calls, and Webex meetings. However, we expect that the on-site entitlement should be enough for emergency uses in a project.
We also provide on-site review assistance for architecture, RTL designs and back-end implementation. See our Design Reviews service for more information.
Q: Can I ask questions in my local language?
A: Our global team of support engineers can answer questions raised in English or Chinese. They will endeavor to address questions in other languages, but answers may be delayed and incomplete due to the need for translation.
Q: What is the difference between Enhanced Support and Design Reviews?
A: Arm Design Reviews are bounded SoC design and implementation review activities which usually take a few days at very specific project milestones. They cover specific topics like Architecture Design Review, and RTL Design Review. The on-site review agenda is mainly planned and driven by Arm. It results in a formal report that closes out the engagement. Enhanced Support is a high-touch and high-value support service, purchased on an annual basis. It covers all phases of a SoC development project with Arm IP, providing on-site help if necessary, as well as a quarterly/yearly summary. Issue scheduling and prioritization is mainly driven by the customer.
Q: What information should I provide to raise a support case?
A: Learn more.
Q: What happens when I open a support case?
A: Learn more.
Q: What to expect on the support case management system?
A: Learn more.
For questions not answered above, email us.