Internet of Things Online Course
The transformative intersection between the Internet, mobile and sensor technology has inspired this course. Learn to create the next generation of IoT-enabling technologies, by designing an IoT system to connect embedded sensors using commodity smartphones via low power Bluetooth Low Energy. Skills such as app development and embedded system design are practiced using various applications including a sensor station.
To learn to specify, design and program modern connected electronic systems based on commodity smartphones and sensor networks
Knowledge and understanding of
- Smart phone architecture and technologies
- Arm-based SoCs: architecture and development
- Appcessory programming and embedded programming
- BLE technology
- Sensor networks and applications
- IoT fundamentals
- Ability to specify, design and develop a smartphone based networked electronic system, which entails appcessory development, MCU programming, and connected app development
- Ability to use the Arm Mbed IoT Device Platform and Android SDK to create smartphone apps and control end devices such as a mini robot or a wearable health device
- Design and implement an appcessory with BLE connectivity using standard mobile application development tools
- Program an Arm based BLE-connected MCU using mbed development tools
- Develop demonstration applications e.g. smartphone-based, sensor station
- Basics of programming in C/ C++, assembly, Entry level Java programming
Separate purchase of hardware and/or software tools, in order to replicate the course labs
|1||Introduction to Internet of Things|
|2||Introduction to Embedded Systems|
|3||Arm Cortex-M4 Processor: Part 1|
|4||Arm Cortex-M4 Processor: Part 2|
|5||Interrupts and Low Power Features|
|6||Introduction to the Mbed Platform and the CMSIS Library|
|7||ArmV7-A/R - ISA Overview|
|8||Arm Cortex-A9 Processor|
|10||Introduction to Bluetooth Low Energy|
|11||Networks and Connecting Things to the Cloud|
The above syllabus is indicative. It might change from time to time.
We have a range of subscription options, from three, six and twelve months along with lifetime access. To view all options, click the purchase button.
To review extracts of lecture slides, quizzes and lab videos from all our online courses for the price of $8.00 for perpetual access, click on the "Online Courses Sampler" button below.