ARM Showcases the World’s No. 1 Embedded Ecosystem at EW 2016
What: At the upcoming Embedded World exhibition and conference ARM will showcase a selection of highly-scalable ARM® processors and tools, along with updates on the latest ARM Cortex® based innovations for the world's No. 1 embedded ecosystem. This will include the first public previews of the new ARM mbed™ Smart City Reference Design.
Where: Hall 5, Stand 338, Embedded World, Nuremberg, Germany
When: Feb. 23-25, 2016
Who: A number of ARM experts are available throughout the show to deliver demos, comment on breaking news and brief the media and analysts on ARM technology. This will include the new ARMv8-M architecture that extends ARM TrustZone® technology to microcontrollers and which has been shortlisted for an embedded AWARD (hardware category).
To book a meeting or demonstration session, please contact: email@example.com
Showcasing ARM IoT Leadership
- The largest and most diverse display of ARM-based single board computers ever assembled.
- A demonstration that shares live data with the ARM booth at Mobile World Congress. Each booth will present data on temperature, sound levels, and booth traffic captured by mbed OS-powered sensor nodes and aggregated by the mbed Device Connector service.
- The new mbed Smart City Reference Design, featuring low-power wireless IP-mesh networking in the Sub-GHz frequency band, already in an initial application use with one of Europe's leading construction firms. Additionally, solution providers from the mbed partnership will be on hand to provide insights on the latest Smart City open standards and interoperability requirements.
ARM Expands Leading Software Development Tools
ARM will unveil the latest version of the industry-standard ARM Keil® MDK, the most comprehensive developer tool suite for Cortex microcontrollers.
MDK Version 5.20 expands software development solution with:
- Compiler, debugger, fixed virtual model, and CMSIS for the ARMv8-M architecture.
- Development support for 32-bit Cortex-A processor-based catalogue devices.
- Connectivity for IoT utilizing mbed software components.
- ARM Compiler version 6 with C language support for C++11/C++14.
More information on MDK Version 5.20 can be found here.
Accelerating IoT Innovation
ARM will demonstrate test chips representative of Cortex-M processor-based SoC designs where various ARM IP blocks can be quickly and efficiently assembled to produce differentiated and robust working silicon with limited engineering resources.
The comprehensive test chip includes:
- Power-efficient ARM Cordio® Radio IP supporting Bluetooth Smart standards (including Bluetooth 4.2 Packet Length extensions and 2 Mbps mode.)
- IoT subsystem for Cortex-M processors pre-integrated with mbed OS to jumpstart integration and SoC design.
- Compatibility with the broad range of software for Cortex-M processors and mbed ecosystem
To further accelerate IoT and embedded SoC designs, ARM will provide tutorials on the new ARM DesignStart portal which offers free access to Cortex-M0 processor IP for design, simulation and prototyping.
Autonomous Driving: Functional Safety First
Autonomous driving will require more compute power and additional safety functionality. Embedded World attendees can get the latest updates from ARM on functional safety packages across ARM Cortex-A, Cortex-R and Cortex-M processors. Ahead of Embedded World, read the recently published whitepaper from research firm TECHnalysis on the path to autonomous driving and its implications for the ARM ecosystem.
ARM (LSE: ARM, NASDAQ: ARMH.US) designs technology at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. We are enabling the development of new markets and transformation of industries and society, invisibly creating opportunity for a globally connected population. Our scalable, energy-efficient processor designs and related technologies deliver intelligence wherever computing happens, ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, digital TVs, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 75 billion System on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies. Learn more and join the conversation at http://community.arm.com.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. ARM, Cordio, Cortex, Keil and mbed are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries). All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2016 ARM Group.
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and data revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs have enabled intelligent computing in more than 160 billion chips and our technologies now securely power products from the sensor to the smartphone and the supercomputer. In combination with our IoT device, connectivity and data management platform, we are also enabling customers with powerful and actionable business insights that are generating new value from their connected devices and data. Together with 1,000+ technology partners we are at the forefront of designing, securing and managing all areas of compute from the chip to the cloud.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries). All brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2020 Arm Group.