Setting New Standards for Cloud Computing
Computing starts with silicon. Arm Neoverse fundamentally changes the performance equation for hyperscale data centers and cloud computing, delivering far more work on far fewer watts than conventional technologies. The results:
- Increased thread and core densities of 30% or more in standard server racks, enabling data centers to serve more customers within the same thermal, electrical and physical constraints.
- Lower power consumption and greater performance at the same time giving cloud providers and their customers a competitive advantage and headroom to innovate.
- An Arm Neoverse roadmap committed to delivering 30% performance increases generation over generation.
- A commitment to technology diversity with IP optimized for maximum performance (V-series), scale out performance (N-series) and throughput efficiency (E-series).
- A large and growing ecosystem of hardware, software, service providers and solutions based around Arm Neoverse technology.
Technology thrives on teamwork. Semiconductor designers, OEMs, service providers and software developers are expanding the universe of Neoverse-based products and services to optimize the cloud and push the frontiers of what’s possible.
These partners include:
Every software stack is different. Over the past decade, we’ve collaborated with software leaders like Red Hat, VMware, SuSE, Canonical and others to build a comprehensive portfolio of Arm native offerings. The effort shows in the benchmarks:
- Honeycomb.io, a cloud optimization service, increased performance by over 20%-30% and cut costs by 20%.
- A 54% gain on Cadence Xcelium.
- A 43% increase on Spec JVM 2008 and a 43% uplift on memcached.
On NGINIX Plus Arm-based M6g instances outperform comparable instances based on traditional architectures by an average of 54%.
Arm Servers are the Perfect Choice for Cloud Gaming on Android
Arm Neoverse-based Servers and Cloud Instances Drive IT Transformation
This Forrester Total Economic Impact study sets out to examine use cases and how Arm Neoverse solutions benefitted their organizations.
The Arm Neoverse N1 Platform: Building Blocks for the Next-Gen Cloud-to-Edge Infrastructure SoC
The Neoverse N1 platform is Arm’s latest high-end offering from a scalable portfolio of IP for high performance and energy efficient machines.
- Amazon EC2 Instances based on AWS Graviton2 with local NVMe-based SSD storage
- Ampere Altra family of cloud native processors expands to 128 cores with Altra Max
- Tencent develops TARS microservices for building apps on Arm
- Two AWS Re:Invent announcements that will have long-lasting impact on the enterprise datacenter
- AWS’s Neoverse-based Nitro System for accelerating management functions like network, storage and security deliver a 36% increase on Amazon Elastic Block Store. (EBS)