A New Era in Cloud Computing
Cloud computing revolves around performing the maximum amount of work with the minimum amount of time, energy, rack space, and equipment. Arm Neoverse fundamentally changes the performance equation for hyperscale data centers and cloud computing, delivering far more work on far fewer watts than conventional technologies. Designed for managing large numbers of parallel tasks, Neoverse CPUs feature:
- Multiple Cores and Single Threads. Neoverse partners have developed CPUs featuring 128 cores per socket. A single thread design also reduces interference and a better work-per-area ratio.
- CMN-600 and CMN-700. Our coherent mesh interconnect for linking processor cores and accelerators within an SoCs or chiplets to shared memory resources and I/O.
- Scalable Vector Extensions. SVE and SVE2 allow developers to deploy and run code ranging from 128 bits to 2048 bits without recompiling, enabling faster time to market and greater choice for customers.
- Compatibility and Customization. While Arm designs Neoverse CPUs, our partners set the clock speed, I/O, memory subsystem, cache size, and number of cores of Neoverse silicon. The result is greater choice with wide-ranging compatibility.
An Expanding Cloud Ecosystem
Cloud service providers and their customers are experiencing the high performance, power efficiency, security, and improved TCO of Neoverse:
Raising the Bar for Cloud Performance and Efficiency
Neoverse N2 offers an incredible 40 percent IPC performance uplift over Neoverse N1, while retaining industry-leading performance-per-watt efficiency.
Arm Neoverse’s use of dedicated cores provides:
- Performance consistency – get what you pay for
- Linear performance scalability – scale-up or scale-out
- Improved security – no resource sharing between threads
Every software stack is different. Over the past decade, we’ve collaborated with software leaders such as Red Hat, VMware, SuSE, Canonical, CircleCI and others, to build a comprehensive portfolio of Arm native offerings. The effort shows in the customer benefits:
- Snap Inc, a popular social media service, was able to reduce fleet size and lower costs for its Kubernetes-based Messaging Core Service.
- Intuit, a leader in financial services, reduced its costs to run Kafka by 20 percent while maintaining full performance.
- Honeycomb.io, a cloud performance optimization service, increased performance by up to 30 percent and cut cost by 20 percent.
- Formula One, the pinnacle of auto racing, sees the potential to lower its costs by up to 40 percent for its CFD simulations.
On NGINIX Plus Arm-based M6g instances outperform comparable instances based on traditional architectures by an average of 54%.
Arm Technology and Tools for Cloud Computing
A Cleaner Cloud: How Developers Can Cut Costs and CO2 from Cloud Operations
In this webinar, see how cloud service providers such as Oracle, Cloudflare and AWS has helped increase price performance by 40% whilst also cutting down on power and cost by adopting the Arm Neoverse.
Neoverse N2 Reference Design: Get Started with the Integration of an Infrastructure-class SoC Subsystem
Targets 5G, Networking and Scale-out Cloud
Arm Neoverse-based Servers and Cloud Instances Drive IT Transformation
This Forrester Total Economic Impact study examines use cases and how Arm Neoverse solutions benefitted organizations.
- HAProxy Forwards over 2 Million HTTP requests per second on a single Arm-based AWS Graviton2 instance
- CircleCI extends Arm support to its CI/CD cloud offering
- Ampere Altra Max and our relentless focus on scaling out
- Arm to move more chip design to Arm-based server in cloud
- State of Cloud Native on Arm
- Hope springs eternal for Arm servers
- Tencent is Working to Expand Arm’s Presence in its Cloud
- Improve video encoding price/performance by up to 36% with Arm Neoverse based Amazon EC2 C6g instances
- How RedHat ported OpenJDK to 64-bit Arm: a community history
- Memcached performance benchmarking on AWS Graviton2 reveals over 50% price-performance gains