Smart Schools on Arduino
A collection of accessible and engaging projects for teachers and learners that utilise the more advanced features of Arduino in real-world contexts.
To introduce learners to Arduino and Physical Computing and the Internet of Things, through engaging hands-on, real-world projects.
- To understand what the Internet of Things is, and how it is enabled by embedded systems
- To understand how to connect electronic components to create physical computing projects
- To understand how Arduino devices and peripherals can be applied to solve real-world problems
- To understand the basics of data analysis and machine learning using Python
The course is a series of individual projects that build in complexity. The resources are split across Key Stages (3-5) with 3 projects per key stage.
- Key stage 3 (Middle School) - ages 11-14
- Key stage 4 (High School) - ages 14-16
- Key stage 5 (Seniors) - ages 16-18