Smart Schools on Arduino
A collection of accessible and engaging projects for teachers and learners that utilise the more advanced features of Arduino in real-world contexts.
To introduce learners to Arduino and Physical Computing and the Internet of Things, through engaging hands-on, real-world projects.
- To understand what the Internet of Things is, and how it is enabled by embedded systems
- To understand how to connect electronic components to create physical computing projects
- To understand how Arduino devices and peripherals can be applied to solve real-world problems
- To understand the basics of data analysis and machine learning using Python
The course is a series of individual projects that build in complexity. The resources are split across Key Stages (3-5) with 3 projects per key stage.
- Key stage 3 (Middle School) - ages 11-14
- Key stage 4 (High School) - ages 14-16
- Key stage 5 (Seniors) - ages 16-18
You can access this resource using the Download Now link below. Alternatively, if you would like to contribute or modify these materials, please access the product via GitHub. GitHub enables you to adapt our content and share your version with other teachers. To view our GitHub page for this resource, click‘Access on GitHub’.