Advanced System-on-Chip Design Online Course
The revolution in mobile computing has been driven by the low power and integrated performance available in modern System-on-Chip (SoC) designs. This course outlines a typical advanced SoC design process: from creating high level functional specifications to design, implementation and testing on real hardware using standard hardware description and software programming languages. Taking a hands-on approach covering both theory and practice, the course includes details for designing and developing an image processing demo application.
To develop Arm Cortex-A based SoCs, from creating high level functional specifications to design, implementation and testing on FPGA platforms using standard hardware description and software programming languages
Knowledge and understanding of
- Arm Cortex-A processor architectures and Arm Cortex-A based SoCs
- Capture the design of Arm Cortex-A based SoCs in a standard hardware description language
- Low-level software design for Arm Cortex-A based SoCs and high-level application development
- Ability to use and choose between different techniques for digital system design and capture
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, area, power) and correlate them with the corresponding high level design and capture
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop Arm Cortex-A based SoCs
- Basics of hardware description language (Verilog or VHDL)
- Separate purchase of hardware and/or software tools, in order to replicate the course labs
- Introduction to Arm-based System on Chip Design
- Arm and Arm Processors
- Arm Development Studio
- Armv7-A/R ISA Overview
- Arm Cortex-A9 Processor
- AMBA AXI4 Bus Architecture
- AXI4-Lite GPIO Peripheral and DDR Memory Controller
- AXI UART and AXI4-Stream Peripherals
- AXI4-Stream with VGA Output Peripheral
- AXI4-Stream with HDMI Input Peripheral
- Final Application: Image Processing
The above syllabus is indicative. It might change from time to time.
We have a range of subscription options, from 90, 180 and 360 days, along with lifetime access. Pricing options and the button to purchase access are below.
90 days: USD 16.00
180 days: USD 27.00
360 days: USD 49.00
Lifetime access: USD 93.00
To review extracts of lecture slides, quizzes and lab videos from all our online courses for the price of $8.00 for perpetual access, click on the "Online Courses Sampler" button below.