Real-Time Operating Systems Education Kit
Teach your students how operating systems control individual devices, and how to enable the efficient functioning of device networks, especially in real-time environments. Given the complex tasks facing today’s computing devices, operating systems must be stable, fast and efficient, particularly given the interaction between devices that recent technologies such as the Internet of Things will bring.
A full set of lecture slides, ready for use in a typical 10-12-week undergraduate course (full syllabus below)
- Lab manual with solutions for faculty. Labs use low cost, powerful hardware boards (donated by partners and subject to availability).
- License for royalty-free Keil RTX Real-Time OS bundled with Keil MDK development software
- Prerequisites: Basics of programming
To produce students who can design and program real-time operating systems on Arm-based platforms and use them to improve their application performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Basic concepts of RTOS, task and threads
- Task scheduling and memory allocation
- File system and data management
- Parallel programming principles
- Ability to choose between different programming techniques in RTOS-based applications
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, cost, power) and correlate them with the corresponding programming techniques
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop RTOS based applications
- Ability to optimise the RTOS to satisfy given user specifications
|3||Process, Task and Thread|
|8||File System and I/O|
|9||RTOS and RTX|
|10||RTX Task and Simple Time Management|
|11||Sharing Data on RTX|
|12||Performance Evaluation and OS-aware Debugging|
Request Donation from Arm University Program
Arm University Program Education Kits are available free to faculty worldwide, subject to a qualification process. To make a donation request, please complete the form at the button below.