Using the Arm mbed IoT Device Platform and Android SDK, teach your students to create smartphone apps and control a mini-robot or a wearable health device. The transformative intersection between the Internet, mobile and sensor technology require skills such as app development and embedded system design using various applications.
A full set of lecture slides, ready for use in a typical 10-12-week undergraduate course (full syllabus below)
- Lab manual with solutions for faculty. Labs use low cost, powerful hardware boards (donated by partners and subject to availability).
- Prerequisites: Basics of programming in C/ C++ and assembly, entry level Java programming
To produce students who can specify, design, and program modern connected electronic systems that are based on commodity smartphones and sensor networks
- Knowledge and understanding of:
- Smart phone architecture and technologies
- Arm-based SoCs: architecture and development
- Appcessory programming and embedded programming
- BLE technology
- Sensor networks and applications
- IoT fundamentals
- Ability to specify, design and develop a smartphone based networked electronic system, which entails appcessory development, MCU programming, and connected App development
- Design and implement an appcessory with BLE connectivity using standard mobile application development tools
- Program an Arm based BLE-connected MCU using mbed development tools.
- Develop demonstration applications e.g. smartphone-based remote robot control, sensor station etc.
|1||Introduction to Internet of Things|
|2||Arm-based Embedded System Design|
|3||Arm Cortex-M Processor: Part 1|
|4||Arm Cortex-M Processor: Part 2|
|5||Interrupts and Power Consumption|
|6||Embedded Programming using Mbed|
|8||Arm Cortex-A9 Processors|
|9||Smartphones and Appcessory Programming|
|10||Bluetooth Smart Connectivity|
|11||Programming BLE using Mbed SDK|
|12||Connecting Things to the Cloud|
Request Donation from Arm University Program
Arm University Program Education Kits are available free to faculty worldwide, subject to a qualification process. To make a donation request, please complete the form at the button below.