Efficient Embedded Systems Design Education Kit
Teach your students to design and program embedded systems, and implement them in low-level hardware using standard C and assembly language. Covering fundamentals and practical knowledge, this Kit is suitable for introductory and mid-level embedded system courses in Electrical, Electronic and Computer Engineering and Computer Science.
A full set of lecture slides, ready for use in a typical 10-12-week undergraduate course (full syllabus below)
- Lab manual with solutions for faculty. Labs are based on low-cost but powerful Arm-based hardware platforms donated by partners (subject to availability)
- Software licenses for the professional Keil MDK-Arm tool
- Prerequisites: basics of programming
To produce students who can design and program Arm-based embedded systems and implement them in low-level hardware using standard C and assembly language.
- Knowledge and understanding of
- Arm processor architectures
- Arm-based microcontrollers as modern embedded computing platforms
- Software design basics, software engineering principles
- Ability to choose between different programming techniques for embedded system design
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, cost, power) and correlate them with the corresponding programming techniques
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop Arm-based embedded systems
- Ability to build an Arm-based embedded system and program to satisfy given user specifications
|1||Introduction to Embedded Systems Design|
|2||Software Design Basics|
|3||Cortex-M Processor Core: Part 1|
|4||Cortex-M Processor Core: Part 2|
|5||C Code as Implemented in Assembly Language|
|7||General Purpose Digital Interfacing|
Request Donation from Arm University Program
Arm University Program Education Kits are available free to faculty worldwide, subject to a qualification process. To make a donation request, please complete the form at the button below.