Advancing AR and VR Experiences
The ongoing virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed-reality revolution demonstrates the power and potential of immersion in specialty systems and use cases. Challenges such as battery life, computer vision, and pixel density beyond 4K must be addressed for successful AR and VR experiences. All this computation must also be performed within a fixed 2-watt to 3-watt thermal budget, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with ever-smaller devices.
Powering AR and VR Devices
Arm focuses on developing technology innovations that power the next generation of AR/VR devices. Arm CPU and GPU technology delivers a number of benefits, including improved performance and increased power efficiency. As features and capabilities become more complex, increased compute performance will be a necessary requirement; however, the various compute-intensive tasks need to be carried out in a power-efficient manner. As the features on wearable AR and VR devices continue to evolve, the highly-integrated compute solutions based on Arm IP delivered by our innovative partners will continue to increase this much-needed efficiency.
The New Reality for Mobile Gaming: The VR/AR Opportunity
Dive into this report to learn about the AR and VR technology landscapes, what the future potential is for each on mobile and how they are helping to drive the growth of mobile devices and gaming.
Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM)
SLAM has the potential to improve and fundamentally change the lives of consumers and businesses in the future. Learn more about SLAM, and which five markets can expect to see a big impact from this technology.
The Cortex-A processor series is designed for complex compute tasks, such as hosting a rich operating system platform and supporting multiple software applications. Cortex-A CPUs power intelligent solutions, from edge to cloud, ensuring efficiency, security, and reliability to support industrial tasks now and in the future.
Provides the ultimate user experience for entertainment and visual applications across a wide range of smartphone devices.
Arm mobile partners deliver exceptional experiences to millions of users across industries and on multiple devices. Discover the benefits of becoming an Arm mobile partner and join industry leaders innovating for the future.
Arm and its global partner ecosystem is one of the largest, most prolific and creative communities of product innovators. We’re providing power-efficient intelligence as the foundation for transformative applications and business ideas. See how Arm makes smart possible.
- New Arm IP brings intelligent, immersive experiences to mainstream markets
- A Total Compute approach to delivering digital immersion under a common architecture
- Making virtual more of a reality with the new Arm Mali-D77 display processor
- 2019 Rugby World Cup Brings Immersive Experiences Home
- Immersive Experiences to Enhance Entertainment and Industry
- The Line Between Mobile and Console Immersive Experiences Is Blurring
- Ten ways VR and AR are transforming healthcare
- New report highlights ‘boundless potential’ of AR mobile gaming
- Microsoft HoloLens 2 brings AR to industry
- The New Era of Augmented Reality
- New Arm Mali-G57 GPU: bringing high-fidelity gaming and immersive experiences to the mainstream
- Virtual Reality Best Practices for Mobile
- Getting fully immersed into VR gaming through the Oculus Quest
- Incubating Gaming Partnerships, One Question at a Time
- 5G: transforming user experiences on devices
- New Valhall architecture for Arm Mali-G77 GPU brings big step-change in premium mobile
- The ‘boundless potential’ of AR mobile gaming
- Taking a look inside the new HoloLens 2