Given the complex tasks that today’s computing devices are required to perform, it’s crucial that the operating systems that drive them are stable, fast and efficient. This course provides foundational materials on RTOS for embedded applications, including task scheduling, memory allocation and resource management.
To design and program real-time operating systems on Arm-based platforms and use them to improve application performance
Knowledge and understanding of
- Basic concepts of RTOS, task and threads
- Task scheduling and memory allocation
- File system and data management
- Parallel programming principles
- Ability to choose between different programming techniques in RTOS-based applications
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, cost, power) and correlate them with the corresponding programming techniques
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop RTOS based applications
- Ability to optimize the RTOS to satisfy given user specifications
- Basics of programming
- Separate purchase of hardware and/or software tools, in order to replicate the course labs
|1||Introduction to OS|
|6||CPU Cache Memory|
|9||File System and I/O|
|10||RTOS and RTX|
|11||RTX Task and Time Management|
|12||Sharing Data in RTX|
|13||Performance Evaluation and OS-aware Debugging|
The above syllabus is indicative. It might change from time to time.
To explore sample lecture slides, quizzes and lab videos for all our online courses for the affordable price of £9.99 for perpetual access, click on the "Online Courses Sampler" button below.