ARM Mobile VR Leadership Comes to Life at GDC 2016
What: ARM will showcase its leadership in addressing the demands of mobile virtual reality (VR) and provide the latest information on ARM’s support for the recently released Vulkan API at the upcoming Game Developers Conference.
Where: Booth 1624, Game Developers Conference, San Francisco
When: March 14-18, 2016
Who: ARM game and application developers, VR game and headset developers, game engines developers.
Press and analysts interested in a briefing or demonstration session, please contact: email@example.com
Advancing Mobile VR Game Development
ARM has several activities at GDC to showcase its leadership in developing mobile VR games and applications for ARM® Mali™ graphics processors and ARM Cortex® processors including:
- A new release (v1.0) of the VR SDK comprised of APIs, libraries, sample codes and tutorials is available for ARM Mali VR applications on Android.
- A sponsored session with ARM, Unity and VR game developer nDreams that takes a closer look at how high-quality VR graphics can be achieved on mobile devices using Unity’s native VR support. The panel, entitled “Achieving high-quality mobile VR games” will take place Mar. 17 at 10:00 a.m. in West Hall 3022.
- Partners will showcase market-leading VR devices with Mali GPUs at GDC. At the ARM booth, partners from the ARM VR ecosystem will provide exclusive presentations. Along with nDreams, VR platform providers DeePoon and Nibiru will also present.
- Sam Martin’s whitepaper 'Expanding Virtual Horizons - The Future of Mobile VR’ explores the potential and possibilities of mobile VR and is available to download on the ARM Connected Community.
Optimizing Mobile Games for Mali, the World’s No. 1 shipping GPU
Demonstrations and exclusive talks at the ARM booth are among several ways at GDC 2016 to engage with experts on developing for ARM Mali, the world’s No. 1 shipping GPU. A consistent theme will be the new Vulkan API and its role in smashing mobile gaming barriers with ARM GPU technology. In addition to ARM technical leaders and engineers, game developer partners scheduled to present at the booth include Cocos2d-x, Epic Games, GameBench, Perfect World, Tencent Games and Unity. For a full lecture theater schedule see Mali Developer Center.
ARM sponsored sessions include:
- Vulkan on Mobile with Unreal Engine 4 Case Study featuring speakers from ARM, Epic Games and Samsung – Mar. 16 at 9:30 a.m., West Hall 3022
- Optimize your Mobile Games with Practical Case Studies – Mar. 17 at 11:30am, West Hall 2404
Also at the GDC, ARM will demonstrate applications of its real-time global illumination solution, Enlighten. A sponsored session, “Making light work of dynamic large worlds,” will focus on ARM’s work with Ninja Theory to address the challenge of combining global illumination with dynamic effects in the upcoming title “Hellblade.” The session is scheduled for Mar. 16 at 2 p.m. in West Hall 2000. A second session, in collaboration with Allegorithmic, “An end-to-end approach to physically based rendering,” will focus on educating artists on best practice for physically-based shading. The session is scheduled for Mar. 18 at 10 a.m. in West Hall 2020.
ARM (LSE: ARM, NASDAQ: ARMH) designs technology at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. We are enabling the development of new markets and transformation of industries and society, invisibly creating opportunity for a globally connected population. Our scalable, energy-efficient processor designs and related technologies deliver intelligence wherever computing happens, ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, digital TVs, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 75 billion System on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies. Learn more and join the conversation at http://community.arm.com
All information is provided “as is” and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. ARM, Cortex, and Mali are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries). All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2016 ARM Group.
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs have enabled intelligent computing in more than 150 billion chips and our technologies now securely power products from the sensor to the smartphone and the supercomputer. In combination with our IoT device, connectivity and data management platform, we are also enabling customers with powerful and actionable business insights that are generating new value from their connected devices and data. Together with 1,000+ technology partners we are at the forefront of designing, securing and managing all areas of compute from the chip to the cloud.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries). All brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2020 Arm Group.