MEDIA ALERT: ARM at Mobile World Congress 2014 - Expanding the Mobile Experience
When: 24 - 27 February 2014, Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, Spain
Where: ARM® stand at Mobile World Congress, Hall 6, Stand 6C10
What: Expanding the Mobile Experience
Mobility has ushered in a new era of computing as we push compartmentalized concepts of technology to the past. Welcome to the redefinition of mobility, the expanded mobile experience, where your connection is continuous, intelligent and empowering. ARM is at the heart of this expanded experience, with six billion people connected by ARM-based phones and over two billion people using ARM-based computing devices.
ARM's partners recently delivered the 50 billionth ARM-based chip and there is a clear roadmap for the next 100 billion. At MWC 2014, ARM will be showcasing the solutions that will expand the mobile experience. These include:
- Mobile: Technology that enables an array of mobile devices, from sub-$50 handsets to premium devices
- Wearables: Diverse form factors powered by scalable, energy efficient processors from ARM's partners
- IoT: Ultra low power connected intelligence for billions of devices
- Networking and Servers: Innovation for tomorrow's data center, cloud infrastructure and edge of network technologies that set new levels of efficiency.
Don't Miss: ARM Spokespeople at MWC
Tuesday, 25 February at 10:30-11:25 (local time)
Adam Gould, vice president, Sensinode business, ARM, will be speaking on the GSMA panel ‘Embracing the Digital Future: The Internet of Everything'.
Thursday, 27 February at 11.30-13.00
Ian Drew, chief marketing officer & executive vice president, business development, ARM, will be presenting on the panel ‘Building the 50 Billionth Connected Device'.
- ARM enables the expanded mobile experience by offering diversity in devices, applications and form factors; from mobile phones, to wearables, tablets, notebooks and servers
- ARM's partner ecosystem continues to push the boundaries of power, performance and integration to deliver diverse solutions that extend the benefits of ARM's energy-efficient technology into market segments beyond mobile phones and tablets, to IoT, enterprise and network infrastructure.
ARM Demos at MWC include:
ARM big.LITTLE™ technology with a Cortex®-A15 and Cortex-A7 processor configuration
- Demonstrating peak performance, system flexibility and improved energy efficiency
ARM architecture-based software defined server for Cloud applications
- Highlighting telcom grade platforms using a HP® Moonshot server that features silicon based on the ARM Cortex-A15 processor
ARM Internet of Things solution
- A showcase of ARM Sensinode™ OMA lightweight M2M, Java™ ME and Java SE as well as ARM mbed™ platform and cellular modem technology from u-blox
TSMC 16FinFET wafer
- Featuring ARM Cortex-A57 CPU
Smartphone as your ONLY computing device
- Automatically configured mobile, desktop and gaming experience on a single ARM-based smartphone device
We will also have an extensive showcase of ARM-based devices at our stand.
ARM's team of spokespeople will be at the ARM stand (Hall 6, Stand 6C10) throughout Mobile World Congress to comment on breaking news and give first-hand demos and interviews about ARM technology. To book a meeting and demonstration session on the ARM stand, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ARM® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets and the internet of things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion microchips containing ARM intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies. Learn more and join the conversation at http://community.arm.com.
- - ENDS - -
ARM, Artisan and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited. big.LITTLE, Mali and POP are trademarks of ARM Limited. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. "ARM" is used to represent ARM Holdings plc; its operating company ARM Limited; and the regional subsidiaries ARM Inc.; ARM KK; ARM Korea Limited.; ARM Taiwan Limited; ARM France SAS; ARM Consulting (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.; ARM Germany GmbH; ARM Embedded Technologies Pvt. Ltd.; ARM Norway, AS and ARM Sweden AB.
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs have enabled intelligent computing in more than 160 billion chips and our technologies now securely power products from the sensor to the smartphone and the supercomputer. In combination with our IoT device, connectivity and data management platform, we are also enabling customers with powerful and actionable business insights that are generating new value from their connected devices and data. Together with 1,000+ technology partners we are at the forefront of designing, securing and managing all areas of compute from the chip to the cloud.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries). All brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2020 Arm Group.