ARM Will Be Among Thousands of Makers Exchanging Ideas and Sparking Innovation at Maker Faire Bay Area 2014
Where: Maker Con 2014, Oracle Conference Center, 350 Oracle Parkway Redwood City, Calif. 94065 Maker Faire® 2014, San Mateo Event Center 1346 Saratoga Dr. San Mateo, Calif. 94403
When: Maker Con, May 13-14 2014
Maker Faire, May 17-18 2014
What: ARM and its partners will be among the thousands of makers showing their projects, exchanging ideas, and having fun at Maker Faire Bay Area 2014. Our team will be on hand to swap ideas and inspire everyone, from children and hobbyists to developers and entrepreneurs, to create amazing ARM®-based projects.
ARM-based technology at Maker Faire:
- Accessible ARM-based platforms from Arduino, BeagleBone, Electric Imp and Raspberry Pi will feature across maker project exhibits and presentations.
- ARM partners Atmel, Freescale, NVIDIA, Qualcomm and Texas Instruments will be at the show, exhibiting the breadth of solutions and platforms necessary for maker-imagined projects and innovations.
ARM at Maker Faire (exhibit #405):
- The iFixit team will be conducting live tear-downs of the latest gadgets to reveal their ARM-based anatomy.
- Innovative start-ups and members of the maker pro community will be joining us, including Anki, MbientLab, Relayr, Spark.io and Xively.
- Learn how to make a wearable device with MetaWear, the tiny ARM Cortex®-M0 based Bluetooth® low energy platform from MbientLab.
- Don't miss the ARM Device Lab for a chance to be hands on with Arduino, ARM mbed™, Electric Imp and Raspberry Pi. Our very own makers will be on hand to give a glimpse of the projects they are working on and provide technical advice on creating the next generation of devices.
Tiny, efficient, ultra low-power chips mean almost any product can be intelligent and connected. The technology is here today, with accessible platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi illuminating the possibilities. ARM presents a session on the technology and how collaboration can build a new industry.
- Date: Tuesday, May 13
- Time: 2:05-2:25 p.m. PDT
- Location: Room 202/203
- Speaker: Dominic Pajak, Embedded Strategist, ARM
ARM is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the IoT.
Our innovative technology is licensed by ARM Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies. Learn more and join the conversation at http://community.arm.com.
ARM and Cortex are registered trademarks of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. mbed is a trademark of ARM Limited (or its subsidiaries) in the EU and/or elsewhere. All rights reserved. All other brands or product names are the property of their respective holders.
"ARM" refers to ARM Holdings plc (LSE: ARM and NASDAQ: ARMH) and members of its corporate group as constituted from time to time.
None of the information contained in this document may be adapted, republished, or reproduced in any form except with the prior written permission of the copyright holder, but links may be posted directly to this document from other websites, and the whole of the document correctly attributed and unmodified may be shared freely, unless the copyright holder at any time withdraws these permissions.
This document is intended only to provide information to the reader about the relevant product(s) described or mentioned. All information is provided "as is" and without warranty. ARM makes no representation as to the product(s), and ARM shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of any information in this document or any error or omission in such information.
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and data revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our energy-efficient processor designs and software platforms have enabled advanced computing in more than 225 billion chips and our technologies securely power products from the sensor to the smartphone and the supercomputer. Together with 1,000+ technology partners we are at the forefront of designing, securing and managing all areas of AI-enhanced connected compute from the chip to the cloud.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries). All brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2022 Arm Group.