Unparalleled Performance for 5G Network Infrastructure
A 5G network infrastructure can deliver unparalleled experiences to consumers and businesses alike, supporting advances in smart cities, industrial IoT, live multiplayer gaming, autonomous driving, telemedicine, immersive videoconferencing and more. But realizing the full potential of 5G requires innovative thinking and new system architectures to manage increasingly complex tasks and an unprecedented number of connections. Arm and its partners deliver complete 5G infrastructure solutions where needed – whether in the cloud, at the edge, or on the endpoint.
Arm provides leading performance at reduced power and with greater throughput and lower cost.
Our partners can customize products for applications and use cases, leading to increased choice and variety.
Thousands of software developers, hardware designers and service providers make the Arm ecosystem an invaluable resource.
5G Network Architecture: Requirements and Trends
5G provides greater performance and versatility than previous wireless platforms. That means it requires a more complex and robust infrastructure. Arm and its partners are rapidly resolving every 5G challenge to deliver technology for building seamless networks.
- Radio and Spectrum. 5G features low-band (below 1 GHz), mid-band (1 GHz to 8 GHz), and high-band (24 GHz to 40 GHz) for different applications use cases. Each band has its own set of requirements for performance, capacity, speed, and latency.
- Connections. 5G can support up to a million devices per square kilometer for pervasive IoT services.
- Reliability. Network slicing allows isolated services for greater reliability and quality of service.
- Public and Private. 5G services can be made available through public carriers and be set up to manage discreet facilities, such as factories and other campuses.
- Real-Time Services. Latency can be reduced to up to 1 millisecond to enable effective real-time visibility and control.
- A Spectrum of Base Stations. Outdoor base stations can contain base band units, multiple active antenna units, and edge data servers while pico base stations provide coverage for 40K-50K square feet.
- A Spectrum of Cells. Base stations link to macro cells (10 watts, kilometer ranges), micro cells (5-10 watts, 100s meters), pico cells (100-250 mW, 10s of meters) and femto cells (10-100 mW, meters).
An Ecosystem Spanning Radios to Core Networks
Here is how some of our partners are taking advantage of Neoverse in 5G infrastructure:
Vodafone, NXP, Telco Systems, and Arm collaborate on universal customer premise equipment to increase performance, reduce energy consumption and extend product lifecycles.
Sunsea, one of China’s leading IoT companies, creates reconfigurable Arm-based 5G cloud base stations for office campuses and manufacturing.
Open Standards to Drive Innovation
Arm participates in industry initiatives to remove the roadblocks to adoption, reduce cost, unleash creativity, and ensure that everything just works:
- Project Cassini: A collaborative, standards-based initiative to deliver a cloud-native software experience across a secure Arm edge ecosystem.
- O-RAN Alliance: An alliance focused on transforming the RAN industry toward open, intelligent, virtualized, and fully interoperable RAN.
- Telecom Infra Project: A global community of companies and organizations that are driving infrastructure solutions to advance global connectivity.
- Open RAN Policy Coalition: A global policy organization dedicated to accelerating the deployment of open and interoperable 5G RAN.
Arm Neoverse for 5G Infrastructure
5G's Biggest Opportunity Explained
Read about the challenges and opportunities 5G creates for chip designers, software developers, carriers, and equipment manufacturers.
How 5G and Edge Computing Advance IoT Value
What is the killer app for 5G? This Forrester Report analyzes the use cases and shows how 5G is driving edge and IoT adoption.
- Sunsea AIoT technology and Arm team up for China’s first wireless cloud base station
- Lenovo adopts Arm technology as it expands its 5G strategy
- Introducing Arm RAN Acceleration Library – Optimized software routines for 5G wireless base stations
- CommAgility harnesses Arm cores for 5G private networks
- Altran joins forces with Arm to build a 5G Network-in-a-Box
- Arm Enables Open Platforms in 5G RAN, joins O-RAN Alliance to foster innovation in next generation cellular infrastructure
- Arm and Vodafone Take a Big Step Forward with Universal CPE
- Marvell Launches Breakthrough End-to-End Solutions for 5G Infrastructure Deployments
- Arm joins Open Radio Access Network Policy Coalition