Efficient Embedded Systems Design Education Kit
You can download the materials by clicking the button below which will take you to Arm Education's official GitHub pages.
- A full set of lecture slides, ready for use in a typical undergraduate course (see full syllabus).
- Recent updates to education kit include:
- New lecture slides on Armv8-M architecture and the Cortex-M33 processor. Updated topics include:
- Extended features
- Performance efficiency
- Power consumption
- Supported interrupts
- Supported sleep modes
- Enhanced instructions
- Cortex-M33 Implementation Data
- Complete block diagram of the Cortex-M33 processor
- Cortex-M33 instruction set
- Secure and Non-secure worlds and their features
- Attribution units
- Security requirements addressed by TrustZone covering communication, protection, firmware and data operations.
To produce students who can design and program Arm-based embedded systems and implement them in low-level hardware using standard C and assembly language.
- Knowledge and understanding of
- The attributes of a modern Embedded System including constraints on operating system, programming language and choice of microprocessor or microprocessor.
- Armv8-M processor architecture including Trustzone technology as applied to Cortex-M33 microcontrollers.
- Software design basics, software engineering principles.
- Ability to choose between different programming techniques for embedded system design.
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, cost, power) and correlate them with the corresponding programming techniques.
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop Arm-based embedded systems.
- Ability to build an Arm-based embedded system and program to satisfy given user specifications.
- Ability to run simple programs that utilize the security features of TrustZone in Cortex-M33 devices to access secure and non-secure IO ports.
|1||Introduction to Embedded Systems Design|
|2||Software Design Basics|
|3||Cortex-M4/M33 Processor Core Part 1 (Cortex M4 for Nucleo-F401RE version while Cortex M33 for Nucleo-L552ZE-Q version)|
|4||Cortex-M4/M33 Processor Core Part 2 (Cortex M4 for Nucleo-F401RE version while Cortex M33 for Nucleo-L552ZE-Q version)|
|5||C as Implemented in Assembly Language|
|6||Interrupts and Low Power Features|
|7||General Purpose I/O|
|11||Programming for Power-Efficient Computing: High Level Techniques|
|12||Programming for Power-Efficient Computing: Low Level Techniques|
|13||TrustZone Features in Cortex-M33 (Available only on Nucleo-L552ZE-Q version)|