International Computing Course with micro:bit
A comprehensive introduction to STEM learning using a blended project-based approach. This course covers elements of Computing, Engineering, Electronics, Business and ICT, delivered using micro:bits and some peripheral electronics hardware.
This course introduces learners to the key STEM topics of physical computing, sensors, programming and Internet of Things (IoT) through project-based learning. Learners will be immersed in a series of projects which involve rapid team-based development of a solution to meet specified criteria.
- Learners will demonstrate relevant and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the concepts and principals involved in the course
- Learners will effectively apply the principles and concepts using sustained analytical and evaluative thinking and practice in order to solve a range of problems
- Learners will demonstrate their ability to apply knowledge and understanding to solve substantial problems in an efficient manner
- Learners will collaborate successfully with their peers and demonstrate effective communication as well as efficient and effective teamwork
- Grade 5 – Introduction to micro:bit - 40 lessons
- Grade 6 – IoT and Robotics - 40 lessons
- Grade 7 - micro:python – 40 lessons
You can access this resource using the Download Now link below. Alternatively, If you would like to contribute or modify these materials, please access the product via GitHub. GitHub enables you to adapt our content and share your version with other teachers. To view our GitHub page for this resource, click ‘Access on GitHub’.