What does this policy cover?
This policy explains the terms that apply to users of any websites that are operated by or on behalf of ARM Limited (together "ARM Website"). ARM Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 2557590 ("We/Us/Our"). Registered office address: 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge, CB1 9NJ, United Kingdom. ARM Limited is a private limited company acting on behalf of itself and its subsidiaries.
- What is a cookie?
- Specific types of cookie
- How to control cookies and similar technologies
- Cookies set by ARM Websites
- Cookies set by third parties
- Changes to this policy
What is a cookie?
When referring to cookies in this policy, we are referring to HTTP cookies which are small text files that are stored on your browser when you use websites and applications. We use a mixture of 'session' cookies, which are stored in your web browser for a limited time while you are accessing our website and 'persistent' cookies, which are stored for longer and are activated each time you revisit Our Website. There are other technologies that can be used for similar purposes. These include HTML5 Local Storage and Local Shared Objects ("LSO"s). We may use HTML5 Local Storage, LSOs, and similar technologies, as well as cookies for authenticating you, keeping track of information you have provided to us, and remembering your preferences.
We may obtain information about your use of the Website by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve ARM Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences and so allow us to customize ARM Websites according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to ARM Websites.
Specific types of cookie
The types of cookie that are set by ARM Websites include the following:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential to enable you to move around ARM Websites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of ARM Websites and providing services that you have asked for.
- Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how you use an ARM Website, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you, and all information collected is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make, for example username, language, region, and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Targeting and advertising cookies - These cookies allow us to track you as you visit our websites, helping us to send you e-mails in respect of information and products that you have shown an interest in. When you have logged in to your account, registered an account with us, or provided your contact information, the cookies no longer track you anonymously, but the information gathered from these cookies is linked to the contact information you have provided to us.
How to control cookies and similar technologies
You can stop cookies being stored on your browser in future or delete any cookies that are already on your browser. To do so, refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by selecting "Help" in your browser menu. Information on deleting or controlling browser cookies is available at http://www.AboutCookies.org. LSOs are used by the authors of files that are read by Adobe Flash Player and the websites hosting those files. To control or prevent LSOs being stored on your browser, refer to the Adobe website at http://www.adobe.com/privacy/flash-player.html.
Note that if you disable cookies entirely, you might not be able to use certain areas or features of ARM Websites.
Cookies set by ARM Websites
The ARM Websites might set cookies for the following reasons:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are set to test and check for policy acceptance when policies have been updated or if you are a new visitor to an ARM Website.
These cookies are set to maintain aspects of your login session. They are used to:
- Authenticate you as a user.
- Associate you with a specific server.
- Remember the last time that you visited the website.
- Authenticate you with third parties if you request to do so.
These cookies are used to remember information while browsing from one page to another. For example, when entering data into forms
Content delivery network
These cookies are used to aid in efficiently routing internal traffic, and contain encoded addresses of internal Jive servers. These addresses are strictly internal, and cannot be used to connect to internal servers from the Internet. Altering the values of the cookie does not have any effect.
These cookies are set to maintain your login session and remember your preference in respect of storing your login credentials.
Some web pages have tabbed content and this cookie records which tab is currently being viewed.
These cookies are set to provide region-based content and remember time zone settings.
These cookies are set to determine and remember which language to display content in.
These cookies are set to provide different content depending on the browser device being used.
These cookies save all user-defined working sets that can restrict the scope of searches. If this data exceeds 4KB in size, further cookies are created as necessary.
These cookies are used to maintain settings within the distributor section of the site.
These cookies are used to remember settings and provide forum functionality. They are used to:
- Maintain the date setting.
- Remember the EULA setting.
These cookies are used to remember preferences when downloading evaluation software from any ARM Website.
These cookies are used to maintain the height of the editor windows and remember the editor mode that you have chosen.
Google Analytics cookies
These are web analytics cookies, provided by Google Inc., that are used to collect information about how visitors use ARM Websites. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of an ARM Website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on behalf of Google. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using an ARM Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
These are third party cookies.
Adobe Analytics cookies
These are web analytic cookies provided by Adobe that are used to collect information about how visitors use the ARM Website. We use the information to compile reports, to provide relevant content, and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to ARM Websites, where visitors have come to the site from, what time of day they access the site, and the pages they visited. For more information on opting out of these cookies, see http://www.adobe.com/uk/privacy/opt-out.html#4.
Targeting & Advertising
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use ARM Websites. We link this information to the contact and account details you have provided us with and use the information to understand which products and services you are interested in and send you information about the products that you have shown an interest in. These cookies are set by many ARM Websites.
Cookies set by third parties
Changes to this policy
Thank you for visiting Our site.
22 August 2016, LES-PRE-20891 Copyright © 2016, ARM Limited.