Arm’s Project Trillium Offers the Industry's Most Scalable, Versatile ML Compute Platform
- A new suite of Arm® IP brings machine learning (ML) to edge devices
- With architectures built for high-performance and efficiency; Arm ML and Object Detection (OD) processors will deliver the best user experiences across the broadest range of applications
- The new products will enable trillions of ML operations per second on mobile devices
Cambridge, UK – February 13, 2018 – Arm today announced Project Trillium, a suite of Arm IP including new highly scalable processors that will deliver enhanced machine learning (ML) and neural network (NN) functionality. The current technologies are focused on the mobile market and will enable a new class of ML-equipped devices with advanced compute capabilities, including state-of-the-art object detection.
“The rapid acceleration of artificial intelligence into edge devices is placing increased requirements for innovation to address compute while maintaining a power efficient footprint. To meet this demand, Arm is announcing its new ML platform, Project Trillium,” said Rene Haas, president, IP Products Group, Arm. “New devices will require the high-performance ML and AI capabilities these new processors deliver. Combined with the high degree of flexibility and scalability that our platform provides, our partners can push the boundaries of what will be possible across a broad range of devices.”
ML technologies today tend to focus on specific device classes or the needs of individual sectors. Arm’s Project Trillium changes that by offering ultimate scalability. While the initial launch focuses on mobile processors, future Arm ML products will deliver the ability to move up or down the performance curve – from sensors and smart speakers, to mobile, home entertainment, and beyond.
Arm's new ML and object detection processors not only provide a massive efficiency uplift from standalone CPUs, GPUs and accelerators, but they far exceed traditional programmable logic from DSPs.
The Arm ML processor is built from the ground-up, specifically for ML. It is based on the highly scalable Arm ML architecture and achieves the highest performance and efficiency for ML applications:
- For mobile computing, the processor delivers more than 4.6 trillion operations per second (TOPs) with a further uplift of 2x-4x in effective throughput in real-world uses through intelligent data management.
- Unmatched performance in thermal and cost-constrained environments with an efficiency of over three trillion operations per second per watt (TOPs/W). More details on the Arm ML processor are available on our website.
The Arm OD processor has been designed specifically to efficiently identify people and other objects with virtually unlimited objects per frame:
- Real-time detection with Full HD processing at 60 frames per second
- Up to 80x the performance of a traditional DSP, and a significant improvement in detection quality relative to previous Arm technologies. More details on the Arm OD processor are available on our website.
In combination, the Arm ML and OD processors perform even better, delivering a high-performance, power-efficient people detection and recognition solution. Users will enjoy high-resolution, real-time, detailed face recognition on their smart devices delivered in a battery-friendly way.
Arm NN software, when used alongside the Arm Compute Library and CMSIS-NN, is optimized for NNs and bridges the gap between NN frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, and Android NN and the full range of Arm Cortex® CPUs, Arm Mali™ GPUs, and ML processors. Developers get the highest performance from ML applications by being able to fully-utilize underlying Arm hardware capabilities and performance. More details on Arm NN software are available on our website.
The new suite of Arm ML IP will be available for early preview in April of this year, with general availability in mid-2018.
- Read our blog: Arm is changing machine learning experiences: Project Trillium
- Visit the Machine Learning Developer Portal
- CMSIS-NN on Github
- Learn about keyword spotting on Cortex-M processors
Notes to Editors
Project Trillium is not the commercial brand name for Arm machine learning technology. The codename will be replaced by the commercial brand name in due course. Arm does not accept any responsibility or liability for any third-party use of its codenames.
Arm 技術正在建構運算的未來。Arm 的低功耗處理器設計與軟體平台，已促成超過 2,700 億顆晶片的先進運算，我們的技術安全地驅動包含感測器、智慧型手機甚至於超級電腦等產品。Arm 攜手超過 1,000 家技術合作夥伴，使人工智慧得以在任何場景順利運作。而在網路安全領域，我們也致力於為從晶片到雲端的數位世界奠定信任的基礎。世界的未來將建構於 Arm 之上。
所有資訊都「依目前情況」提供，且並不帶保證或代表性。此文件可以自由分享，但不得修改且必須註明出處。Arm 是 Arm Limited（或其子公司與附屬機構）的註冊商標。所有品牌或產品名稱均為所屬公司之財產。© 1995-2023 Arm Limited.