Telechips selects the latest Arm IP for its next-generation automotive SoC
- The new Telechips Dolphin5 automotive SoC is based on an Arm heterogeneous compute solution comprised of CPU, GPU and NPU IP
- Telechips joins Arm Flexible Access program which includes access to several Arm IP safety packages
Cambridge, UK – December 14, 2020 – Arm today announced that Telechips, a leading global fabless semiconductor company specializing in automotive applications, has selected a leading-edge suite of Arm® IP for its next-generation automotive system-on-chip (SoC), the Dolphin5, which is designed for applications such as Advanced Driver-assistance Systems (ADAS) and Digital Cockpit including IVI Systems. To meet Telechips’ crucial high-performance, safety, power and scalability requirements, the Dolphin5 design will include the Arm Mali™-G78AE graphics processor with functional safety capabilities along with the Arm Cortex®-A76 processor and Arm Ethos™-N78 Neural Processing Unit (NPU).
Additionally, Telechips have signed up for Arm Flexible Access, which includes several Arm IP safety packages that can be designed into any Telechips SoC without any up-front licensing commitment. For design services, Telechips is collaborating with Arm Approved Design Partner GAONCHIPS to leverage their experience in utilizing the Samsung Foundry process and infrastructure for Arm-based SoCs.
“Our collaboration with Arm gives us access to IP, such as the Mali-G78AE, that is uniquely designed for automotive applications and the complex processing power, efficiency and safety capabilities required for modern vehicles,” said Leanne Lee, VP of Future Strategy Group at Telechips. “By selecting a comprehensive heterogeneous Arm compute solution, we are well-positioned to successfully develop our next-generation platform to meet the needs of global automotive manufacturers.”
“Next-generation IVI and ADAS applications demand a combination of safety, scalability and power-efficient compute,” said Chet Babla, vice president, Automotive and IoT Line of Business at Arm. “Telechips has selected a leading-edge suite of Arm IP to help meet the critical requirements of these applications, further strengthening our partnership to innovate and enable the advanced automotive solutions of the future.”
The Telechips Dolphin5 automotive SoC
Through its collaboration with Arm, Telechips is addressing the unique technology demands from automotive suppliers and vehicle manufacturers with its Dolphin5 SoC that will include:
- Arm Mali-G78AE: The first Arm GPU designed to deliver a rich user in-vehicle experience combined with the safety functionality required for autonomous applications through Flexible Partitioning, a feature that enables four fully independent partitions for workload separation in safety use cases.
- Arm Cortex-A76: Enables a smartphone-like experience and responsiveness for the multiple applications running in parallel, on different screens in the digital cockpit.
- Arm Ethos-N78: By integrating the purpose-built Ethos-N78 NPU with the Cortex-A76 CPU and Mali-G78AE GPU, Telechips will strengthen the overall ML performance and efficiency of the Dolphin5 SoC. The Ethos-N78 will enhance the digital cockpit experience with performance scaling from 1 to 10 TOPs.
Arm 技術正在定義運算的未來。Arm 先進的低功耗處理器設計與軟體平台，已促成超過 2,400 億顆晶片的先進運算，我們的技術安全地驅動包含感測器、智慧型手機甚至於超級電腦等產品。Arm 攜手超過 1,000 家的技術合作夥伴，使人工智慧得以在任何場景順利運作。而在網路安全領域，我們也致力於為從晶片到雲端的數位世界奠定信任的基礎。世界的未來將建構於 Arm 之上。
所有資訊都「依目前情況」提供，且並不帶保證或代表性。此一文件可以自由分享，但不得修改且必須註明出處。Arm 是 Arm Limited（或其子公司）的商標或註冊商標。所有其他品牌或產品名稱乃為所屬個別公司之財產。© 1995-2022 Arm Group