Record shipments of Arm-based chips in previous quarter
In the fourth quarter of 2019 (Arm FY Q319):
- Arm silicon partners shipped a record 6.4 billion Arm-based chips, the third record quarter for unit shipments in the past two years
- Arm saw growing demand for embedded intelligence in endpoint devices as demonstrated by the record 4.2 billion Cortex-M processors shipped
To-date, Arm partners have shipped more than 160 billion Arm-based chips, and an average of more than 22 billion over the past three years.
“This past quarter our partners shipped a record 6.4 billion Arm-based chips, including a record 4.2 billion Cortex-M processors, further cementing Cortex-M as the indisputable processor of choice for embedded and IoT applications."
"Additionally, our accelerated investments in new technologies and developer ecosystems resulted in our biggest number of licenses signed in a quarter since 2015. Arm, together with the world's largest compute ecosystem, are well-positioned to enable efficient distribution of more intelligence across endpoint devices, build an AI-driven network edge, while pushing more efficiency and cost-savings into the cloud.”
Rene Haas, President, IP Products Group, Arm
For any questions, please contact Armpress@archetype.co.
Catch-up on the latest Arm news:
- New AI technology from Arm delivers unprecedented on-device for IoT; Cortex-M55 processor and Ethos-U55 microNPU
- Arm 2020 Global AI survey data highlights 74% of consumers prefer AI processing to be done locally on their devices
- IoT fortunes rising fast: New data from Arm and Economist Intelligence Unit show business adoption of IoT has turned a corner
- Simplifying and accelerating automotive system design: A new collaboration between Arm and Siemens
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and data revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our energy-efficient processor designs and software platforms have enabled advanced computing in more than 180 billion chips and our technologies securely power products from the sensor to the smartphone and the supercomputer. Together with 1,000+ technology partners we are at the forefront of designing, securing and managing all areas of AI-enhanced connected compute from the chip to the cloud.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries). All brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2021 Arm Group.