Efficient Embedded Systems Design and Programming Online Course
Learn both fundamentals and practical knowledge in this important subject, including hardware and software design basics, interrupts, timers, analog interfacing and serial communication, using state of the art hardware platforms and the industry-standard Keil MDK-Arm tool.
To learn to design and program Arm-based embedded systems and implementing them in low-level hardware using standard C and assembly language
Knowledge and understanding of
- Arm processor architectures
- Arm-based microcontrollers as modern embedded computing platforms
- Software design basics, software engineering principles
- Ability to choose between different programming techniques for embedded system design
- Ability to evaluate implementation results (e.g. speed, cost, power) and correlate them with the corresponding programming techniques
- Ability to use commercial tools to develop Arm-based embedded systems
- Ability to build an Arm-based embedded system and program to satisfy given user specifications
- Basic C programming
- Separate purchase of hardware and/or software tools, in order to replicate the course labs
- Introduction to Embedded Systems Design
- Software Design Basics
- The Arm Cortex-M4 Processor Architecture: Part 1
- The Arm Cortex-M4 Processor Architecture: Part 2
- C Code as Implemented in Assembly Language
- Interrupts and Low Power Features
- General Purpose I/O
- Analog Interfacing
- Timer Peripherals
- Serial Communication
The above syllabus is indicative. It might change from time to time.
We have a range of subscription options, from 90, 180 and 360 days, along with lifetime access. Pricing options and the button to purchase access are below.
90 days: USD 16.00
180 days: USD 27.00
360 days: USD 49.00
Lifetime access: USD 93.00
Online Course Sampler
To review extracts of lecture slides, quizzes and lab videos from all our online courses for the price of $8.00 for perpetual access, click on the "Online Courses Sampler" button below.