ARM's 2Q 2016 earnings statement: Financial Summary
- Group revenues in US$ were up 9% year-on-year
- Processor licensing revenues in US$ up 14% year-on-year
- Processor royalty revenues in US$ up 11% year-on-year, outperforming the industry
- Acquired Apical, a global leader in imaging and embedded computer vision
- Announcement of a strategic partnership with the Chinese private equity firm HOPU Investment Management, launching an industry fund focused on the Internet of Things, smart devices, big data and cloud computing
CEO Simon Segars said: "ARM is continuing to invest in products that will support our partners' roadmaps as they develop next-generation technologies such as 5G networks, autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Things. Our recent acquisition of Apical enhances our expertise in visual computing, a rapidly-advancing field which is enabling smart buildings, augmented reality, self-driving cars and advanced robotics. As new technologies are created and new markets emerge, ARM will continue to evolve its products and business models to capture the opportunities ahead."
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs have enabled intelligent computing in more than 130 billion chips. More than 70% of the world’s population are using Arm technology, which is securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. This technology combined with our IoT software and end-to-end connectivity, device and data management platform enables customers to derive real business value from their connected devices and data. Together with our 1,000+ technology partners we are at the forefront of designing, securing and managing all areas of compute from the chip to the cloud.
All information is provided "as is" and without warranty or representation. This document may be shared freely, attributed and unmodified. Arm is a registered trademark of Arm Limited (or its subsidiaries). All brands or product names are the property of their respective holders. © 1995-2018 Arm Group.