- LCD projector and screen - to display training module slides.
- Whiteboard - for additional diagrams and explanations.
- Flipcharts - for noting points and questions to return to later.
- Refreshments for the presenters.
- WiFi connection for the presenters (preferable but not essential) – please let us know if you need any details for pre-registration for this.
- PCs for workbook practical work - see below for specification.
- Advanced notice in the event of instructors needing to sign any agreement to gain access to the facility. In this case we would need legal approval.
Requirements for practical sessions
Practical sessions during training courses are always conducted on a PC – each PC is usually shared between two attendees. If you would like the course to take place in any location other than one of ARM's training centers, you will be required to supply the PCs.
DS-5™ is used in most ARM training courses. If required, ARM will provide you with a free license to use the software for the duration of the course. To install and use DS-5™, you must have a minimum specification of computer with a dual core 2GHz processor (or equivalent) and 2GB of RAM.
A full installation requires approximately 1.5 GB of hard disk space.