ARM Public Training Course
Details on this training course are provided below. Please contact Support for information about booking any of ARM's training courses.
This training course covers the issues involved in developing software for platforms powered by ARMv8 processors.
- Thorough knowledge of the ARMv7-A Architecture
- Familiarity with ARM assembler and C programming
- Experience of embedded system development is an advantage
This course is aimed at software developers and system architects developing for systems powered by ARMv8 processors. It is relevant for operating system development, device drivers, low-level coding and for application software. The course assumes prior knowledge of the ARMv7-A architecture and an optional introductory day is required for teams who do not have this.
Optional AArch32 Fundamentals:
For customers who require it, we are able to provide an overview of the ARMv7-A Architecture (AArch32) as part of the course. This can be substituted for other modules in the course agenda.
Day 1 - 3:
- Introduction to ARMv8-A
- AArch64 A64 ISA Overview
- A64 ISA Workbook
- AArch64 Exception Model
- ARMv8 Exception Model Workbook
- ARMv8-A Memory Management
- ARMv8-A Memory Model
- Caches and Branch Prediction
- MMU and Cache Initialization Workbook
- Cache Coherency
- OS Support
- Power Management for Cortex-A (Optional)
- GIC Programming (Optional)
- GICv2 Workbook
- Debug (Optional)