Workbench and IDE Overview
DS-5 is built on the standard Eclipse development environment providing outstanding windows management, project management, and C/C++ source code editing tools.
Users can use DS-5 as a stand-alone Eclipse installation or as plug-ins to an existing Eclipse environment.
Source Code Editing
The Eclipse IDE's fully featured C/C++ source editor will help you spend more time writing code and less time chasing down syntax errors.
- Outline view which lists functions, variables, and declarations
- Highlights syntax errors in your C/C++ source code
- Configurable syntax colorization and code formatting for C/C++ and ARM/Thumb/Thumb2 assembly
- Full change history which can integrated with popular source code control systems, including CVS and SVN
File Transfer to Target
DS-5 includes a Remote System Explorer (RSE) perspective for easy transfer of applications and libraries to the Linux file system on the target.
- FTP connection to the target to explore its file system, create new folders, and drag & drop files from the host machine
- Open files on the target's file system by double-clicking on them in the FTP view. Edit them within Eclipse and save them directly to the target's file system
- Shell and terminal windows enable running Linux commands on the target system without a monitor and keyboard
- Display a list of processes running on the target
The flexible window management system in Eclipse enables the optimal utilization of your visual workspace.
- Support for multiple source code and debugger views
- Arrange your windows as you wish: floating (detached), docked, tabbed, or minimized into the Fast View bar
- Support of multi-screen set-ups by draging and dropping detached windows to additional monitors