Tightly Coupled Memory (TCM) keeps critical instructions and data directly attached to the processor to ensure they are always available and have the lowest possible access latencies. The Cortex-R7 can be configured with a wide range of system interfaces. These interfaces enable a flexible system design that enable fast communication with shared peripherals, shared low latency memory and access to the TCMs, under software control.
- Very high performance real-time processor with option for single or dual core
- Fully cache coherent to simplify dual core software development
- Always reacts to system events in a fast and deterministic manner
- Tightly Coupled Memory to keep critical instructions and data close to the core for fast, immediate and deterministic processing
- Immediate, deterministic and coherent control of system peripherals
- Integrated Generic Interrupt Controller (GIC) for fast and deterministic interrupt responses
The Cortex-R7 processor is designed for implementation on advanced silicon processes and offers high performance, high energy efficiency, real-time responsiveness, advanced features and ease of system design. It is typically used in demanding real-time applications such as:
both SSDs and HDDs
The Cortex-R7 processor can be incorporated into a SoC using a broad range of ARM technology including System IP and Physical IP. It is fully supported by ARM development tools. Related IP includes:
ARM training courses and Active Assist on-site system-design advisory services enable licensees to efficiently integrate the Cortex-R7 processor into their design to realize maximum system performance with lowest risk and fastest time-to-market.