The ARM® Cortex®-M1 processor is the first ARM processor designed specifically for implementation in FPGAs. The Cortex-M1 processor targets all major FPGA devices and includes support for leading FPGA synthesis tools, allowing the designer to choose the optimal implementation for each project. The Cortex-M1 processor enables OEMs to achieve significant cost savings through rationalization of software and tools investments across multiple projects spanning FPGA, ASIC and ASSP, plus greater vendor independence through use of an industry-standard processor.
Find out more...
The ARM Cortex-M1 processor addresses the need for a high quality, standard processor architecture for FPGA applications, supporting a wide range of FPGA devices, including those from Actel, Altera, and Xilinx.
Advantages of using the ARM Cortex-M1 in FPGA
- Standard processor architecture for all
- Vendor independence - Cortex-M1 processor supports all major FPGA vendors
- Software and tools can be re-used across FPGA and ASIC/ASSP
- Easy migration path from FPGA to ASIC
- Supported by the largest ecosystem - ARM® Connected Community
- Easy to migrate Cortex-M1 processor designs to newer and most efficient FPGAs
- Supported by a strong ARM processor roadmap offering solutions at various performance points
- ARM architecture proven in billions of ARM Powered® devices
The ARM Cortex-M1 processor brings the broad ecosystem of tools and operating systems of the ARM Connected Community to FPGA users, as well as software compatibility with ASIC optimized processors such as the ARM Cortex-M3 processor. Developers can standardize on a single architecture, supported by the largest eco-system in the industry, to reduce their hardware and software engineering costs.
- Military / Aerospace