DSP enhanced cached processor for real-time applications running an RTOS
A real time orientated processor with optional caches interfaces plus a full Memory Protection Unit. This processor is useful in applications where the majority of code exists in main memory, and is loaded into cache on demand, while key exception handing code and data can be maintained locally in Tightly Couple Memory.
Over 5 Billion ARM9 processors have been shipped so far
The ARM946E-S processor is a proven and reliable processor, having been used in a range of products and applications which demand real-time behavior.
By offering stable and proven performance, it provides designers a low risk solution, with very fast time to market.
Range of application
The ARM946E-S processor is used in a multitude of advanced digital products
|Smartphones, PDA, Set top box, PMP, Electronic toys, Digital still cameras, Digital video cameras etc|
|Wireless LAN, 802.11, Bluetooth, Firewire, SCSI, 2.5G/3G Baseband etc|
|Power train, ABS, Body systems, Navigation, Infotainment etc|
|USB controllers,bluetooth controllers, medical scanners etc|
|HDD controllers, solid state drives etc|
Customizable for feature-rich and cost-sensitive applications
- Configurable Memory Protection Unit (MPU)
- Highly configurable cache & TCM plus bus interface
- Flexible debug and trace infrastructure
- Optional Floating Point Unit (IEE754)
Rich ecosystem of OS, RTOS, and tools support
Over 650 members in the Connected Community supporting ARM946E-S processors
- Broadest ecosystem of compilers, debuggers and RTOS tools in the industry
- Plentiful design services partners to aid in design task
- Large variety of third party IP available to integrate with processors.