A powerful application processor for platform OS based applications
The ARM926EJ-S processor is the entry point processor capable of supporting a full Operating System such as Linux, Windows CE, and Symbian. An ideal choice for many applications, the ARM926EJ-S processor is one of the most popular ARM processors.
Some of the features offered by the ARM926EJ-S processor are:
- Java acceleration
- DSP extensions
- Optional floating point unit
- Flexible local memory system with cache and exceptional Tightly Coupled Memory (TCM) integration
- Binary compatibility with the ARM7TDMI® processor
Over 5 Billion ARM9 processors have been shipped so far
The ARM926EJ-S processor has been licensed by over 100 silicon vendors worldwide, and continues to be successfully deployed across a wide range of products and applications.
By offering stable and proven performance, it provides designers a low risk solution, with very fast time to market.
Range of application
The ARM926EJ-S is used in a a wide range of advanced digital products:
|Smartphones, PDA, Set top box, PMP, Electronic toys, Digital still cameras, Digital video cameras etc|
|Wireless LAN, 802.11, Bluetooth, Firewire, SCSI, 2.5G/3G Baseband etc|
|Power train, ABS, Body systems, Navigation, Infotainment etc|
|USB controllers,bluetooth controllers, medical scanners etc|
|HDD controllers, solid state drives etc|
Platform OS support
Accelerated Java Performance
- Jazelle® DBX is widely used to deliver very high performance Java in mobile handsets and other consumer devices without impacting memory consumption, battery life or user experience.
- Jazelle RCT can be used to significantly reduce the code bloat associated with AOT and JIT compilation, making AOT technology viable on mass-market devices.
- Additionally Jazelle RCT can also be used to support execution environments beyond Java, such as Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, Python and others.
Customizable for feature-rich and cost-sensitive applications
- Configurable Memory Management Unit
- Highly configurable cache & TCM plus bus interface
- Flexible debug and trace infrastructure
- Optional Floating Point Unit (IEE754)
Rich ecosystem of OS, RTOS, and tools support
Over 650 members in the Connected Community supporting ARM926EJ-S processors
- Broadest ecosystem of compilers, debuggers and RTOS tools in the industry
- Plentiful design services partners to aid in design task
- Large variety of third party IP available to integrate with processors