Considering an ARM1156T2-S processor design?
The ARM1156 processor delivers:
- An ARM11 family processor for embedded applications
- First ARM11 family processor with Thumb®-2 technology for code density
- High DMIPS/area
- Better utilization of tightly coupled memory
- High core speeds
- Real time performance enhancements vs. ARM9 family processors
- Soft error resistant
- Floating point performance
- Enhanced system connectivity vs. ARM9 family processors
The ARM1156 is still actively being licensed for embedded real-time SoCs due to its maturity, low level of implementation risk, and low implementation cost. For Partners designing cutting edge real-time embedded SoCs, the Cortex-R4 represents the state of the art and is a better choice than ARM1156. The ARM1156 with its available Thumb-2 instruction set is upwardly code compatible with the latest generation ARM real-time processor, the Cortex-R4, which delivers the highest level of real-time performance in the ARM lineup.