Why ARM in Graphics?
The ARM Mali family of Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) scales to deliver industry-leading graphics including entry-level smartphones, cutting-edge superphones, tablets and SmartTVs. As a complement to the ARM Cortex™ Processor, Mali GPUs maintain the core ARM principles – high performance, industry-leading power efficiency and reduced system cost. The ARM Mali Video solution also adheres to these values, offering a high-performance, low-bandwidth unit that scales to deliver secure video to a wide range of smartphones, tablets and SmartTVs.
Mali Quick Facts
- Number 1 GPU found in graphics enabled SmartTVs
- Number 1 in Android tablets
- In over 20% of Android smartphones
- Over 100M Mali GPUs shipped in 2012
- Found in over 200 end devices