SAMA5D3 High-performance, Low-power eMPUs by Atmel
Semiconductor Vendor with ARM Processor RTL license from ARM
Based on the ARM® Cortex™-A5 processor, the Atmel® SAMA5D3 embedded microprocessor units (eMPUs) operate at up to 536MHz (850DMIPS) at under 200mW, delivering a high-performance, low-power platform for cost-sensitive industrial and consumer applications.
- High-performance architecture — Based on the ARM Cortex-A5 core with floating-point unit, the SAMA5D3 is ideal for applications requiring high-precision computing and fast data processing. Features a 64-bit internal bus architecture and 32-bit wide DDR controller running up to 166MHz that offers up to 1328MB/s of bandwidth
- Market-leading low power consumption — Ideal for battery-operated applications, the SAMA5D3 series consumes less than 200mW when running at maximum speed and under 0.5mW in low-power mode
- Comprehensive peripheral set for connectivity and user interface applications — Includes Gigabit and 10/100 Ethernet, up to three HS USB ports, dual CAN, three SDIO/SD/MMC, UARTs, SPIs, TWIs, soft modem, LCD controller with graphics accelerator, camera interface, 12-bit ADC, 32-bit timers and more
- State-of-the-art security — Includes secure boot, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)/Triple Data Encryption Standard (DES) encryption engine, Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA) and True Random Number Generator (TRNG)
- Low system cost — The 0.8mm ball pitch package reduces PCB design complexity. A simple power management scheme and impedance matching on DDR lines reduce the need for external components. Three USB ports save the cost of an external USB hub.
- Extensive ecosystem — Delivered with free Atmel Linux and Android ports and Qt SDK, as well as a complete set of C examples for non-OS users. This offer is completed by multiple software and hardware partners.
SAMA5D3 High-performance, Low-power eMPUs