ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Contactless.LIB is a fully featured contactless EMV Kernel, designed specifically for terminal manufacturers and payment software developers wishing to add Visa payWave, MasterCard PayPass support to their payment terminal.
The Contactless Kernel has been developed in strict ANSI C, with all of the hardware and operating system specific functionality abstracted away from the core functions, through the use of a HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer). This means that the Kernel can be ported to virtually any environment for which there is a suitable C compiler with or without an underlying operating system.
Key Highlights of Contactless.LIB
- Specific optimisations for the ARM environment (THUMB and ARM modes)
- Successfully ported to many different ARM cores from different manufacturers (amongst others NXP and Atmel)
- Very small memory footprint, stack and resource utilisation
- Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) enables easy integration into target platform which enables the Kernel to take advantage of hardware crypto and random number support
- Caters for older compiler quirks such as short variable and function names
- Highly optimised to comply with the timing constraints for contactless transactions
Any platform that has a C compiler
Supported Development Languages:
Depends on the toolset available (e.g. object files or static library)
Fully ANSI-C compliant and completely Hardware-independent, custom-built for each target platforms
Ideally Suited For:
NFC enabled devices & embedded platforms with limited resources and custom hardware