SafeXcel™ IP-48 ZUC Crypto Core Family by AuthenTec
SoC IP Provider
SafeXcel-IP-48 ZUC Crypto Core Family
The EIP-48 is an efficient hardware implementation of the ZUC algorithm. Besides the basic ZUC stream cipher, the EIP-48 fully implements the 3GPP Confidentiality and Integrity algorithms 128-EEA3 and 128-EIA3, fully according the latest ETSI/SAGE version 1.6 specifications. The EIP-48 is available in different configurations to target high throughput, high frequency and low gate count.
The EIP-48 is available as high-performance, as well as gate count optimized crypto engine. Possible EIP-48 use cases include:
- 4G mobile communications
- Femtocell handsets and base stations
- eNodeB base stations
Performance and gate count
- Three available configurations: EIP-48b, EIP-48c and EIP-48d. These scale in gate count and throughput.
- The fastest configuration (EIP-48b) has a performance of over 20 Gbps in 40nm technologies.
- The smallest configuration (EIP-48d) fits in 22K gates and achieves a throughput of over 5 Gbps in 65nm technologies or smaller.
ZUC 3GPP compliance
- ETSI/SAGE v1.6 compliant:
- ZUC key stream generator [ZUC]
- 128-EEA3 Confidentiality mode [EEA3-EIA3]
- 128-EIA3 Integrity mode [EEA3-EIA3]
- Fully synchronous design
- Pipelined high-speed Wide-bus interface
- 128-bit cipher key
- 128-bit IV
- Supported modes
- Basic encryption/decryption
- Key stream generation
- 128-EEA3 Confidentiality mode
- 128-EIA3 Integrity mode
SafeXcel™ IP-48 ZUC Crypto Core Family
- Mobile Computing
- ARM11 MPCore