ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
An intensive five day course covering C++ in the context of real-time embedded application development.
- To provide an understanding of the essentials of the C++ programming language.
- To give you practical experience of writing C++ for real-time systems.
- To demonstrate the traps and pitfalls of the language when used in a real-time system.
- To give you the confidence to apply these new concepts to your next real-time project.
Delegates Will Learn:
- The core C++ syntax and semantics
- How to access hardware in C++
- About memory and performance issues associated with C++
- How Real-time Operating Systems (RTOS) affect the use of the language
- Experience of high-level programming, e.g. Ada
- Prior knowledge of C is not required
Who Should Attend:
The course is designed for engineers who are embarking on a project using C++ for the first time, but have little or no experience of C. It assumes they have previous high-level language experience (e.g. Ada).
Duration: Five days
OO-503 Real-Time Software Design with UML
AC++-501 Advanced C++ for Embedded Systems
RTOS-201 Fundamentals of Real-Time Operating Systems
This course makes use of target hardware during the real-time practical exercises. The board targeted is an IAR Kickstart development board (NXP LPC2129 ARM7-based microcontroller). An application board is controlled via the LPC2129 to give attendees a real sense of embedded application development.