ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
Catapult marks a new era in software development for ARM 32-bit microcontrollers. With unparalleled integration, features and rich board support packages, Catapult is the absolute fastest, most economical way to develop applications on 32-bit microcontrollers.
Catapult contains a powerful RTOS, all the required development tools and a full suite of drivers, meaning it is the first truly single vendor solution in this market segment. No integration is needed, so you can start developing in minutes.
- Groundbreaking low latency, low power, high performance realtime kernel.
- Innovative power management architecture offers the best power management in the industry with minimal overhead and configuration.
- Sophisticated I/O framework that enables advanced features such as timeouts, on-demand power management, automatic buffered I/O and support of scatter/gather DMA.
- Support for automatic fault mapping enables robust fault tolerance and error tracing both during debug and operation.
- Advanced memory management enables easily using multiple memory regions, support of data caching (on MMU-enabled processors), support for MPU units (on Cortex-M processors)
Preemptive, multithreaded real time kernel
- Message queues, binary and counting semaphores, multithreaded RPC service, buffer pools, timers, deferred execution
- FAT12/16/32 with LFN support and partitions support
- High performance SD stack
- Media caching
- Memory-mapped devices (RAM drive)
User Interface subsystem
- Vector-based with on-demand drawing for maximal throughput and minimal memory use
- Native 32bit color depth with alpha channel
- Support for bitmap fonts and FreeType fonts (TrueType/OpenType)
- JPEG, BMP, PNG support
- Various shapes and widgets
- 2D filters, anti aliasing with automatic upscale capability
- Touch friendly
USB device subsystem
- HID, MSD, Serial and more
- Multithreaded high-performance webserver
- TFTP client/server
And many other features
- Command Line Interface, XML parser/writer, Configuration subsystem, Logging and more
Deploying Catapult RTOS on your hardware and accessing all the advanced features takes less than 10 minutes for all ARM Cortex M3 and ARM9 projects using Atmel AT91SAM and NXP LPC 17xx/18xx chipsets.