ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
The Atmel® ARM926EJ-S™ based SAM9R microcontrollers integrate a processor clock running at 240MHz and a high data bandwidth architecture based on a 6-layer bus matrix with up to 24 DMA channels and distributed memory. The devices provide high throughput, optional LCD controller and touch and OS support for high-speed USB peripherals. The 480 Mbits/sec USB 2.0 Device is connected to a distributed memory and DMA architecture to prevent bottlenecks and release the CPU for the application. To meet the requirements of space-constrained applications, the SAM9R64 is available in a 10x10mm footprint package. The SAM9RL64 includes an LCD controller that supports screen resolutions up to 1280x860 with 16M colors and 24bpp. Evaluation kits are delivered with free packages for Linux® from Atmel, and are fully supported by a worldwide ecosystem of industry-leading suppliers of development tools, operating systems and protocol stacks.
• 240MHz ARM926EJ-S core
• 6-layer 32-bit Advanced High-performance Bus (AHB) Matrix
• Up to 24 DMA channels
• Multiple connectivity features including high-speed 480Mbps USB 2.0 Device, SDIO/SDCard/MMC, USARTs, TWI, I2S
• LCD Controller for screen resolutions up to 1280x860 with up to 16M colors and 24bpp
• 4-wire resistive touchscreen support
• External Bus Interface support for SDRAM, static memory, ECC-enabled NAND Flash and CompactFlash®
• Power consumption below 300uW/MHz at 200MHz operation with 4uA in backup mode
• 0.8mm ball pitch, BGA217 package for reduced cost PCB manufacturing (SAM9RL64); 0.8mm ball pitch, BGA144 package for space-constrained applications (SAM9R64)