The Atmel® SAM9G devices build the foundation of the Atmel ARM®926EJ-S™ based microcontroller portfolio. Designed to complement the power of the ARM926EJ-S core, these flexible devices integrate peripheral sets that include FS/HS USB 2.0 Device and Host, 10/100 Ethernet, CAN, unique soft modem, SD/SDIO/MMC, LCD controller, resistive touchscreen, camera and audio interfaces, timers, USART, SPI, SSC, TWI, 10-bit ADC and hardware cryptography. The high bandwidth architecture is based on a multi-layer bus matrix, multiple DMA channels and External Bus Interface to ensure internal and external data flows with minimum processor overhead. Integrated power management techniques preserve the power budget and reduce BOM cost.
To ease application development, fully featured evaluation boards are available that include Microsoft® Windows® Embedded CE, Linux® and Android™ Board Support Packages (BSPs). The SAM9G devices are supported by a worldwide ecosystem of industry-leading suppliers of development tools, real-time operating systems, protocol stacks and applications.
• Atmel SAM9G46 features hardware encryption, DDR2/LPDDR support, and a dual EBI in a BGA324 package.
• Atmel SAM9G45 features an LCD controller, HS USB, Ethernet, and a dual EBI in a BGA324 package.
• Atmel SAM9G35 features an LCD controller, resistive touchscreen, Ethernet, HS USB, and LPDDR/DDR2/MLC NAND support in a BGA217 package.
• Atmel SAM9G25 features Ethernet, HS USB, and LPDDR/DDR2/MLC NAND support in BGA217 and BGA247 packages.
• Atmel SAM9G20 features Ethernet and FS USB in BGA217 and BGA247 packages.
• Atmel SAM9G15 features an LCD controller, resistive touchscreen, HS USB, and LPDDR/DDR2/MLC NAND support in a BGA217 package.
• Atmel SAM9G10 features an LCD controller and FS USB in a BGA217 package.
• Home and commercial building automation
• Point-of-sale (POS) terminals
• Data loggers
• Internet appliances