ARM’s highest performing processor, extending the capabilities of mobile and enterprise computing. Read More...
The Atmel® SAM3S is a highly-integrated, energy-efficient Cortex™-M3 microcontroller, featuring up to 1MB of Flash and 128KB of SRAM. The extensive peripheral set includes a FS USB device port with embedded transceiver, USART, two UARTs, two TWIs, two SPIs, I2S, PWM timer, three 16-bit timers, RTC, eight 12-bit ADCs and an analog comparator. Power consumption levels are 2.3 mW at 1 MHz, 1.45mW/MHz at 64 MHz operation and 1.6 uA in backup mode with the RTC running.
The Atmel SAM3S family offers native support for Atmel QTouch® capacitive touch technology. This ‘touch-ready’ design simplifies the implementation of touch-based functionality including buttons, sliders and wheels.
The Atmel SAM3S is the first ARM® MCU with parallel data capture mode on PIOs and DMA support. The parallel data capture mode on the PIOs complements the external bus interface for data collection from external devices that are not compliant with standard memory read protocols, such as low-cost image sensors.
The devices operate from 1.62V to 3.6V and are available in 48-, 64- and 100-pin QFP/QFN/BGA packages.
• 1.62V to 3.6V supply
• Cortex-M3 rev 2.0 processor running at up to 64 MHz
• Up to 1MB Flash and up to 128KB SRAM
• Memory Protection Unit (MPU)
• Native 4-layer AHB Bus Matrix, 21 DMA channels
• Embedded regulator, Power-on-reset, Brown-out Detection and multiple clock sources including 32kHz oscillator and factory-trimmed RC
• High-speed peripherals including USB2.0 FS Device, HS SD/SDIO/MMC, USART, SPI
• Up to 16-channel 12-bit 1Msps ADC with PGA stage and differential inputs, 2-channel 12-bit 1Msps DAC, analog comparator
• Powerful and flexible 16-bit timers with quadrature decoder and gray counter. Powerful PWM unit, calendar RTC, Watchdog
• Power consumption 2.3mW@1MHz, 1.3mW@500kHz, backup mode down to 1.8uA
• 128-bit unique ID and 32-bit hardware CRC ensure protection and integrity
• 8-bit parallel data capture on PIO Controller
• Up to 79 I/O lines with integrated serial resistors (On-die Termination)
• 48-, 64- and 100-pin packages
• Consumer goods and toys
• Industrial control
• Test & measurement
• 802.15.4 wireless networking
• PC, cell phone, gaming peripherals