AES by Intrinsic-ID
SoC IP Provider
Intrinsic-ID’s AES core is a highly compact IP core implementing the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) in compliance with Federal Information Processing Standards FIPS PUB 197. It uses a 128-bit key and encrypts or decrypts data in blocks of 128 bits in ECB or CBC mode. AES is available both in hardware as well as embedded software and can be integrated seamlessly with Intrinsic-ID’s Quiddikey™ key storage solution and iRNG random number generation product.
High-speed encryption and decryption
- Very compact in hardware
- High throughput in hardware
- Efficient implementation in embedded software
- Easily integrates with Quiddikey™ key storage product
- FIPS PUB 197 compliant
- FIPS compliant ECB and CBC modes of operation included
- For a complete security solution, AES encryption can be combined with other products of Intrinsic-ID, e.g. Quiddikey™ key storage solution. With this completely HIS-based security functionality, no secret information leaves the device unprotected.
- Integrating Quiddikey™ key storage with high-speed AES decryption allows to uniquely bind software stored in Flash to a specific hardware platform to make the device unclonable.
- AES can be used in a number of devices and applications such as smart card technology, automotive, government & military communication systems, content protection and more, e.g. in a router or other network communication device, in a Public Key Infrastructure with hybrid encryption, block encryption, block cipher based hashing and authentication.
Hardware Specification Example
per 128-bit block
228Mbit/s @ 100Mhz
~ 0.02-0.03 mm2
Software Specification Example
- Mobile Computing
- Other OS
- Palm OS
- Windows Embedded CE
- Windows Mobile
- ARM11 MPCore